Awake and alert

  • s.nyrop@get2net.dk
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2002
      Hi all,

      the activity on our mail lists, the chat sessions, webcams
      show me how important this active and inspiring,
      experimental commmunity and global friendship has become
      to me in my professional development, as a student (and
      sometimes educator) of education, a learner of English and a
      traveller in mind!

      All the way from following how our new members begin to
      open up and tell us about their foreign language learning
      experiences, getting more fluent as they go on trying, to the
      technical details in firewalls, connection trouble, software
      related troubleshooting and hard feelings towards hardware
      that fail.

      Lynn and Zaheer, please continue your good work! We
      certainly need your contributions to our cooperative efforts.
      Just call me Sus, Auntie is more for the children of my
      sisters and brothers. When I report from being with my three
      little grandchildren, I often sign as Granny :-)

      Thank you for letting me know that your webcams were also
      unstable in the beginning phase, Felix and Aiden. I think that
      I have now spottted the best possible solution to a retailer in
      denmark and wait to hear from them where is the vendor so
      I would be better dressed next time, be it on Sunday or
      later. I dare not to rely on getting such things sent by mail
      from abroad, as the tax system is hard to conquer and most
      parcels are opened and controlled, taxed with extra costs
      and really taking far too much time. Also in case it need
      some checkup, I prefer to be not too far from the vendor.

      And Vance and Yaodong, good to have a follow up on the
      relevance of chats; we who know the values of the direct
      and spontaneous participation need to be very explicit and
      document this effort to the rest of the world of education. In
      the NW2002 conference, the overall reaction to chats was
      not very positive, either. I read the recorded chatlogs from
      last Sunday where I was unalbe to come in by myself, and
      had this nice feeling of being almost with you, thinking inside
      how I might have contributed and smiling at the insider
      jokes. Chatlogs are a true eyeopener to me.

      Vance, I will login at Tapped IN around 8 am GMT, to help
      you check the connection and maybe follow how others play
      around with hteir webcams :-)

      Hugs, Sus

      WebMail fra Tele2 http://www.tele2.dk