Fire's session in Second Life Thu 8 pm

    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 27, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      Yaodong has just IM'd me to say

      I can't log to my yahoo email account 'coz of the quake in Taiwan.
      so could you post the note to webhead members about Fire's SL
      lessons.? Fire welcomes us to observe his first SL lesson tomorrow.
      he has been working feverishly on it.

      where?

      webheads can gather in Edunation and we go to Fire's school together.

      It starts at 8pm tomorrow (GMT+8)

      But then he said
      noon for people in UK.

      and he said it would be about 3 pm for me, which would be 11 a.m.
      GMT.

      So I'm not really sure what time the session will be exactly, but
      maybe we can find out from Yaodong later.

      Good luck to Fire and maybe see you there,

      Vance
    • Dafne
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 27, 2006
        Aiden, are you ok? I have just learned from the
        message below about the earthquake in Taiwan.

        hugs,

        Daf
        --- Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > Yaodong has just IM'd me to say
        >
        > I can't log to my yahoo email account 'coz of the
        > quake in Taiwan.
        > so could you post the note to webhead members about
        > Fire's SL
        > lessons.? Fire welcomes us to observe his first SL
        > lesson tomorrow.
        > he has been working feverishly on it.
        >
        > where?
        >
        > webheads can gather in Edunation and we go to Fire's
        > school together.
        >
        > It starts at 8pm tomorrow (GMT+8)
        >
        > But then he said
        > noon for people in UK.
        >
        > and he said it would be about 3 pm for me, which
        > would be 11 a.m.
        > GMT.
        >
        > So I'm not really sure what time the session will be
        > exactly, but
        > maybe we can find out from Yaodong later.
        >
        > Good luck to Fire and maybe see you there,
        >
        > Vance

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • David Winet
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 27, 2006
          Hmmm... Did I miss this? It's Wed Dec 27 7 pm GMT now .....

          On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Vance Stevens wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > Yaodong has just IM'd me to say
          >
          > I can't log to my yahoo email account 'coz of the quake in Taiwan.
          > so could you post the note to webhead members about Fire's SL
          > lessons.? Fire welcomes us to observe his first SL lesson tomorrow.
          > he has been working feverishly on it.
          >
          > where?
          >
          > webheads can gather in Edunation and we go to Fire's school together.
          >
          > It starts at 8pm tomorrow (GMT+8)
          >
          > But then he said
          > noon for people in UK.
          >
          > and he said it would be about 3 pm for me, which would be 11 a.m.
          > GMT.
          >
          > So I'm not really sure what time the session will be exactly, but
          > maybe we can find out from Yaodong later.
          >
          > Good luck to Fire and maybe see you there,
          >
          > Vance

        • Dennis Newson
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 27, 2006
            David,

            According to Fire's own posting it is tomorrow:

            " Good news is - the fruits of my labors will be displayed this
            Thursday - December 28th at 8pm GMT+9 time - I am teaching a class to
            - a few students. If you would like to come and get a sneak peak of
            the island before the lesson - you can teleport at 7pm, and I will
            show you around. "

            Dennis

            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 27, 2006
              Daf,

              Yesterday, at about midnight Aiden's time, she emailed back to me saying
              that they were ok, but it had been pretty scary.

              Hugs, Teresa

              > Aiden, are you ok? I have just learned from the
              > message below about the earthquake in Taiwan.
              >
              > hugs,
              >
              > Daf
            • Aiden Yeh
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 27, 2006
                Hi Daf,

                This was part of the email that I sent to Tere. It pretty sums up what happened to us. This happened last Tuesday, and it's really eerie because that was the 26th- the same day the earthquake (Tsunami) in Ache, Indonesia happened.

                We're fine, but yes, we felt the earth moved. We live in a condo, on the 21st floor, and you could just imagine how our building shook. For a while I felt that our condo will collapse. Miki and I gathered the kids and sat on the floor right under the beam. We were hugging each other. My daughter and youngest son were scared. My eldest son (CJ) was in the elevator on his way up and he said that it was shaking so badly that it hit the walls. He said he was so scared, he closed his eyes and prayed. He told God that he didn't want to die yet :-) I guess God heard his prayer, and our prayers, too. I think Megan was so traumatized that she didn't want to come home last night. She was afraid that there might be strong after shocks.

                The southern tip of Taiwan, HengChun, about 2.5 hours from where we live was badly affected.

                This quake was big. I've never felt scared in my life the way I felt last Tuesday. I really thought that that was the end.

                Well, I'm still here. I guess, it wasn't my family's time yet.

                Thanks Daf for the email :-)

                Hugs,

                Aiden
                p.s.
                I can't wait till the semester is over--in two weeks!

                Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:
                Aiden, are you ok? I have just learned from the
                message below about the earthquake in Taiwan.

                hugs,

                Daf
                --- Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote:

                > Hi everyone,
                >
                > Yaodong has just IM'd me to say
                >
                > I can't log to my yahoo email account 'coz of the
                > quake in Taiwan.
                > so could you post the note to webhead members about
                > Fire's SL
                > lessons.? Fire welcomes us to observe his first SL
                > lesson tomorrow.
                > he has been working feverishly on it.
                >
                > where?
                >
                > webheads can gather in Edunation and we go to Fire's
                > school together.
                >
                > It starts at 8pm tomorrow (GMT+8)
                >
                > But then he said
                > noon for people in UK.
                >
                > and he said it would be about 3 pm for me, which
                > would be 11 a.m.
                > GMT.
                >
                > So I'm not really sure what time the session will be
                > exactly, but
                > maybe we can find out from Yaodong later.
                >
                > Good luck to Fire and maybe see you there,
                >
                > Vance

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Hala Fawzi
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 27, 2006
                  Dear Aiden,
                  Reading your email with eyes full of tears,I am so happy that you and your family are fine.May God be with you ,always.
                  Hala

                  Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:
                  Aiden, are you ok? I have just learned from the
                  message below about the earthquake in Taiwan.

                  hugs,

                  Daf
                  --- Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote:

                  > Hi everyone,
                  >
                  > Yaodong has just IM'd me to say
                  >
                  > I can't log to my yahoo email account 'coz of the
                  > quake in Taiwan.
                  > so could you post the note to webhead members about
                  > Fire's SL
                  > lessons.? Fire welcomes us to observe his first SL
                  > lesson tomorrow.
                  > he has been working feverishly on it.
                  >
                  > where?
                  >
                  > webheads can gather in Edunation and we go to Fire's
                  > school together.
                  >
                  > It starts at 8pm tomorrow (GMT+8)
                  >
                  > But then he said
                  > noon for people in UK.
                  >
                  > and he said it would be about 3 pm for me, which
                  > would be 11 a.m.
                  > GMT.
                  >
                  > So I'm not really sure what time the session will be
                  > exactly, but
                  > maybe we can find out from Yaodong later.
                  >
                  > Good luck to Fire and maybe see you there,
                  >
                  > Vance

                • Nina Liakos
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 28, 2006
                    Dear Aiden,
                    I am so glad that you and your family are all OK.
                  • Michael Coghlan
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 28, 2006
                      This sounds quite terrifying Aiden. I have often thought I'd like to
                      live through an eathquake for the experience but after reading this
                      I'm not quite sure..... =-O

                      REALLY glad to hear that you're all OK,

                      - Michael

                      ----------

                    • CJones
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 28, 2006
                        Hi, Aiden,

                        That earthquake sounds incredibly scary! I'm so happy you are all
                        uninjured and fine phyically. Being so high up sounds especially
                        frightening with the building swaying.

                        Wishing you all the best in 2007--hopefully no more earthquakes!

                        Chris Jones

                        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Aiden Yeh
                        <aidenyeh@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Daf,
                        >
                        > This was part of the email that I sent to Tere. It pretty sums
                        up what happened to us. This happened last Tuesday, and it's really
                        eerie because that was the 26th- the same day the earthquake
                        (Tsunami) in Ache, Indonesia happened.

                        > We're fine, but yes, we felt the earth moved. We live in a
                        condo, on the 21st floor, and you could just imagine how our
                        building shook. For a while I felt that our condo will collapse.
                        Miki and I gathered the kids and sat on the floor right under the
                        beam. We were hugging each other. My daughter and youngest son were
                        scared. My eldest son (CJ) was in the elevator on his way up and he
                        said that it was shaking so badly that it hit the walls. He said he
                        was so scared, he closed his eyes and prayed. He told God that he
                        didn't want to die yet :-) I guess God heard his prayer, and our
                        prayers, too. I think Megan was so traumatized that she didn't want
                        to come home last night. She was afraid that there might be strong
                        after shocks.

                        > The southern tip of Taiwan, HengChun, about 2.5 hours from where
                        we live was badly affected.

                        > This quake was big. I've never felt scared in my life the way I
                        felt last Tuesday. I really thought that that was the end.

                        > Well, I'm still here. I guess, it wasn't my family's time yet.
                        >
                        > Thanks Daf for the email :-)
                        >
                        > Hugs,
                        >
                        > Aiden
                        > p.s.
                        > I can't wait till the semester is over--in two weeks!

                      • Bobbi Stevens
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 29, 2006
                          We are glad you are ok. It happened to me, too, when I was 5 and
                          living in high rise in Mexico City. The building swayed like a
                          rubber band, and the light fixtures were swinging back and forth
                          above me. We rushed downstairs by foot, all 31 floors, at night,
                          because the elevators weren't working. It was chaos outside and the
                          city was going crazy. I think earthquakes in cities are the most
                          frightening. Still a scary experience remembering this, so I
                          understand how you and your children are still feeling the trauma.
                          But you are ok and will be ok.

                          By the way, a much belated thanks for the pretty jacket. :)

                          Bobbi

                          <aidenyeh@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Daf,
                          >
                          > This was part of the email that I sent to Tere. It pretty sums up
                          what happened to us. This happened last Tuesday, and it's really
                          eerie because that was the 26th- the same day the earthquake
                          (Tsunami) in Ache, Indonesia happened.

                          > We're fine, but yes, we felt the earth moved. We live in a condo,
                          on the 21st floor, and you could just imagine how our building shook.
                          For a while I felt that our condo will collapse. Miki and I gathered
                          the kids and sat on the floor right under the beam. We were hugging
                          each other. My daughter and youngest son were scared. My eldest son
                          (CJ) was in the elevator on his way up and he said that it was
                          shaking so badly that it hit the walls. He said he was so scared, he
                          closed his eyes and prayed. He told God that he didn't want to die
                          yet :-) I guess God heard his prayer, and our prayers, too. I think
                          Megan was so traumatized that she didn't want to come home last
                          night. She was afraid that there might be strong after shocks.

                          > The southern tip of Taiwan, HengChun, about 2.5 hours from where
                          we live was badly affected.

                          > This quake was big. I've never felt scared in my life the way I
                          felt last Tuesday. I really thought that that was the end.

                          > Well, I'm still here. I guess, it wasn't my family's time yet.
                          >
                          > Thanks Daf for the email :-)
                          >
                          > Hugs,
                          >
                          > Aiden
                          > p.s.
                          > I can't wait till the semester is over--in two weeks!
                          >

                          > Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:
                          > Aiden, are you ok? I have just learned from the
                          > message below about the earthquake in Taiwan.
                          >
                          > hugs,
                          >
                          > Daf
                          > --- Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Hi everyone,
                          > >
                          > > Yaodong has just IM'd me to say
                          > >
                          > > I can't log to my yahoo email account 'coz of the
                          > > quake in Taiwan.
                          > > so could you post the note to webhead members about
                          > > Fire's SL
                          > > lessons.? Fire welcomes us to observe his first SL
                          > > lesson tomorrow.
                          > > he has been working feverishly on it.
                          > >
                          > > where?
                          > >
                          > > webheads can gather in Edunation and we go to Fire's
                          > > school together.
                          > >
                          > > It starts at 8pm tomorrow (GMT+8)
                          > >
                          > > But then he said
                          > > noon for people in UK.
                          > >
                          > > and he said it would be about 3 pm for me, which
                          > > would be 11 a.m.
                          > > GMT.
                          > >
                          > > So I'm not really sure what time the session will be
                          > > exactly, but
                          > > maybe we can find out from Yaodong later.
                          > >
                          > > Good luck to Fire and maybe see you there,
                          > >
                          > > Vance

                          > http://mail.yahoo.com

                        • Dafne
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 29, 2006
                            Dear Aiden,

                            What you narrate is pretty scary. I can understand you
                            perfectly because I experienced an earthquake in 1967
                            here in Caracas, many buildings collapse and more than
                            3000 people died. My own house was destroyed (it is
                            now a parking lot), and I saw how the house next door
                            cracked and collapsed like a cracker. Fortunately, we
                            were not hurt.

                            I am really glad you and your family are physically
                            well, but I understand your son's state of mind. I
                            have never been able to forget the terrifying sound
                            coming from underground seconds before the earthquake
                            hit, and the sight of the diningroom wall separating
                            from the other walls, while the floor moved like a sea
                            wave.

                            A warm hug,

                            Daf

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Barbara Dieu
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 29, 2006
                              Hello Aiden,
                              I´m happy nothing happened to you and your family. Fortunately here in
                              Brazil, there are few natural disasters (floods or droughts
                              mostly)...but as nothing is perfect, we have to deal with man made
                              disasters (pollution, violence, criminality and social injustices).
                              Sometimes I think I would prefer the natural ones :-(
                              All the best for 2007 !
                              Warm regards from Brazil,
                              Bee

                              --
                              Barbara Dieu
                              http://dekita.org
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 29, 2006
                                You are lucky, Bee, because we have both kinds of
                                disasters in Venezuela, and a totalitarian government
                                to top it all :-(

                                Daf
                                --- Barbara Dieu <beeonline@...> wrote:

                                > Hello Aiden,
                                > I´m happy nothing happened to you and your family.
                                > Fortunately here in
                                > Brazil, there are few natural disasters (floods or
                                > droughts
                                > mostly)...but as nothing is perfect, we have to deal
                                > with man made
                                > disasters (pollution, violence, criminality and
                                > social injustices).
                                > Sometimes I think I would prefer the natural ones
                                > :-(
                                > All the best for 2007 !
                                > Warm regards from Brazil,
                                > Bee
                                >
                                > --
                                > Barbara Dieu
                                > http://dekita.org
                                > http://beewebhead.net

                                http://mail.yahoo.com
                              • Carla arena
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 1, 2007
                                  Dear Aiden,

                                  Glad to hear that you and your family are OK. It must have been a very scary
                                  situation from what you reported...Thank God nothing happened to you.

                                  Beijos,

                                  Carla

                                • John Hibbs
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
                                    Having lived in Southern California, Turkey and Japan, I know first
                                    hand how scary it is when the Big One comes along. You think the damn
                                    thing will never ever stop; your heart is in your mouth and you wish
                                    you were wearing diapers.

                                    Aiden, I feel your pain...and am extremely happy to learn that you
                                    came through it OK.

                                    At 11:47 PM -0800 12/27/06, Hala Fawzi wrote:
                                    >Dear Aiden,
                                    > Reading your email with eyes full of tears,I am so happy that you
                                    >and your family are fine.May God be with you ,always.
                                    > Hala
                                    >
                                    >Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@...> wrote:
                                    > Hi Daf,
                                    >
                                    >This was part of the email that I sent to Tere. It pretty sums up
                                    >what happened to us. This happened last Tuesday, and it's really
                                    >eerie because that was the 26th- the same day the earthquake
                                    >(Tsunami) in Ache, Indonesia happened.
                                    >
                                    >We're fine, but yes, we felt the earth moved. We live in a condo, on
                                    >the 21st floor, and you could just imagine how our building shook.
                                    >For a while I felt that our condo will collapse. Miki and I gathered
                                    >the kids and sat on the floor right under the beam. We were hugging
                                    >each other. My daughter and youngest son were scared. My eldest son
                                    >(CJ) was in the elevator on his way up and he said that it was
                                    >shaking so badly that it hit the walls. He said he was so scared, he
                                    >closed his eyes and prayed. He told God that he didn't want to die
                                    >yet :-) I guess God heard his prayer, and our prayers, too. I think
                                    >Megan was so traumatized that she didn't want to come home last
                                    >night. She was afraid that there might be strong after shocks.
                                    >
                                    >The southern tip of Taiwan, HengChun, about 2.5 hours from where we
                                    >live was badly affected.
                                    >
                                    >This quake was big. I've never felt scared in my life the way I felt
                                    >last Tuesday. I really thought that that was the end.
                                    >
                                    >Well, I'm still here. I guess, it wasn't my family's time yet.
                                    >
                                    >Thanks Daf for the email :-)
                                    >
                                    >Hugs,
                                    >
                                    >Aiden
                                    >p.s.
                                    >I can't wait till the semester is over--in two weeks!
                                  • Janet Keyser
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                                      Aiden, we're so glad you and your family are physically, at least, ok. I've lived in Mexico City for the past 8 years and have gotten partially accustomed to Mother Nature's moving and shaking (earthquakes and volcanos) here, but can't imagine your experience. Hug your children for all of us and let them know that we wish you a wonderful New Year.
                                      Janet