Re: WebQuests, Motivation, and EFL

  • smokolo
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 25, 2006
      Hi Nellie,

      I just got my Masters a few days ago so I can understand how you
      feel. I felt like I was lost in a sea of information and didn't know
      where or how to focus. I was/am attracted to certain kinds of e-
      learning, authors, and ideas but didn't know how to get started (and
      it was scarey at first...)

      I found that once I started writing it all took form. It started to
      gel. I have been writing since I was very young and I know you have
      to start by writing anything that comes to mind - without giving it
      too much thought- and then your thoughts come together. Knowing this
      made me calmer about my thesis and it worked for me.

      Good luck and keep the webheads in touch with your progress!

      Xmas greetings from Italy
      Susan

      The WebQuest
      > seems to have everything I am interested in: teamwork and social
      > skills, higher order critical thinking skills, and learning by
      > means of technology. But, I can't come up with a problem statement.

    • sharonholdner
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2006
        Hi Nellie,

        The teamwork component is a challenge to many in the multi-
        cultural classroom, because as you may know, various cultures have
        differing views of the values of and the responsibilities in team-
        based work.

        You'd have plenty of fertile ground to research and explore right in
        the University of Phoenix, where all grad and undergrad classes
        (onground, online and Flexnet) require teamwork.

        Research into multi-cultural learning teams in an online or blended
        (Flexnet) environment would yield a study and publication that could
        apppeal to a large audience of educators who work in these settings ;-
        )-- me included.

        Sharon