testing or not testing

  • s.nyrop@get2net.dk
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2002
      Vance and all webcammers,

      I tried in vain to make it work for todays' test. Got up early
      and bought the only webcam model available in this town
      (three shops featuring computer gear, but very bad choice),
      It is a Logitech Quickcam Express, and I THOUGHT I had
      seen a Macintosh driver somewhere on the net. But that was
      for another model, not this one.

      Then I went to Gitte's home; she has got a Windows 98
      computer and gave me her keys to the backdoor. I
      unpacked the gear once more, made a cup of instant coffee
      and installed the relevant drivers, downloaded the
      Yahoo Messenger new version with this slow modem
      connection, and made it just in time for 11 GMT in Tapped IN
      - but nobody there. ; I was able to show Venny my image,
      and to hear his voice, together wityh little Aneta, five years
      old. But still I was told that IO had to update my software
      (which I did once more without sucess), and I could not find
      out how to make the microphone work; it is built in the
      monitor and I see no cable for that (Gitte hjerself has no
      idea of such extreme technicalities, and no manuals) Dafne
      was with me, too, and i did not manage to do any progress,
      and this is a pay per minute connection - so I just went
      home and did an overall trawl of everything related to macs
      and webcams, as my first expreience was rfeally far too bad
      with the Philips ToUCam Fun that was NO fun at all. I have
      to realize that this Logitech camera has no potential for my
      use, either.
      A newer version of Logitech would do, but it seem to me
      that Danish computer shops (and their customers) have no
      understanding of quality webcams, and their potential. Oh,
      shit, as they say. IKs this my destiny as a webcammer, to
      find all the bugs and report constant uselessabitiy?

      Yours, Sus [desolated]

      WebMail fra Tele2 http://www.tele2.dk