Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Need help with Graham's video!

  • Graham Stanley
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 2, 2006
      Hi Candy & Venny,

      See if this is better:

      I've uploaded the video here:

      http://www.grouper.com/video/MediaDetails.aspx?id=1653082&ml=fi%3d%26fu%3d580290&

      Hope you can see it now,

      Graham

      On 12/2/06, Candace Pauchnick <pauchnick@...> wrote:

      > Hello Graham and Venny,
      > I, too, am not able to open the video. I can only hear the audio as well.
      > My computer does have Quicktime so this surprised me. This is the message I
      > receive when I try to open the video:
      >
      > "QuickTime is missing software required to perform this operation.
      > Unfortunately, it is not available on the QuickTime server."
      >
      > I was so surprised since I just bought this brand new computer within this
      > last month. (My home was broken into and my computer was stolen so I now
      > have everything brand new.) I even updated my QuickTime program and it still
      > doesn't work.
      >
      > I went to the QuickTime website and downloaded the most recent version and
      > it still doesn't work. I have a Dell Computer with Windows XP. Graham, do
      > you have any suggestions for me as to how I can access the video you
      > created? I would be most grateful. I would really like to see your video
      > section and not only just be able to hear the audio section.
      > Candy Pauchnick

    • Candace Pauchnick
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 2, 2006
        Thank you, Graham!!! I just finished watching the video and it is so awesome!!!! I appreciate you posting it here so very much. I sure would like to show this to my school's administration! They are in the dark with most everything you talk about. It is a masterpiece!

        Also, to you Vance, thank you for the great suggestion of trying to post my problem on Google. I will experiment with that idea and see if I can resolve my problem with QuickTime.

        Candy

        Graham Stanley <blogefl@...> wrote:
        Hi Candy & Venny,

        See if this is better:

        I've uploaded the video here:

        http://www.grouper.com/video/MediaDetails.aspx?id=1653082&ml=fi%3d%26fu%3d580290&

        Hope you can see it now,

        Graham

        On 12/2/06, Candace Pauchnick <pauchnick@...> wrote:

        > Hello Graham and Venny,
        > I, too, am not able to open the video. I can only hear the audio as well.
        > My computer does have Quicktime so this surprised me. This is the message I
        > receive when I try to open the video:
        >
        > "QuickTime is missing software required to perform this operation.
        > Unfortunately, it is not available on the QuickTime server."
        >
        > I was so surprised since I just bought this brand new computer within this
        > last month. (My home was broken into and my computer was stolen so I now
        > have everything brand new.) I even updated my QuickTime program and it still
        > doesn't work.
        >
        > I went to the QuickTime website and downloaded the most recent version and
        > it still doesn't work. I have a Dell Computer with Windows XP. Graham, do
        > you have any suggestions for me as to how I can access the video you
        > created? I would be most grateful. I would really like to see your video
        > section and not only just be able to hear the audio section.
        > Candy Pauchnick

      • Candace Pauchnick
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 2, 2006
          Vance and Venny,
          After using your suggestion, Vance, and googling my problem about QuickTime, I was able to fix my problem and can now view Graham's video using his original link with QuickTime. Venny, you may want to look at this web site:
          http://www.stretchinternet.com/videofaq.html#missing and downloading the newest version, 7.0. (It's free.) I hope this will help you as it helped me. This way I know I will be able to view other QuickTime videos.
          Very happy in San Diego,
          Candy

[...]

          Hi Venny,

          yes, it is a video. It's a Quicktime video, so perhaps your computer
          doesn't have this installed?

          On 12/1/06, Venny Sou <venny_sou@...> wrote:

          > Hi Graham,
          >
          > Is this a video record
          > (http://www.pod-efl.com/video/Web%202.0%20&%20Language%20Learning.mov)? Why
          > I can only hear your audio?

        • Venny Sou
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 2, 2006
            Hi Candy and Graham and Webheads,

            I got up early on Sunday to fix the QuickTime problem as I though to upgrade its version yesterday when I went to bed. After upgrading and finally saw Graham's nice Video, I log in my email and want to tell everybody that you need a QuickTime7.0 to work on Grahma's video. Canday is ahead of me to experience this process;) I like Webheads soooo much whenever I'm confusing with some tech problem, I know I'm not alone as there's someone somewhere in the webheads working on the same problem and we'll solve it;)

            Thanks, Canday, Grahma and Webheads.

            Candace Pauchnick <pauchnick@...> wrote:
            Vance and Venny,
            After using your suggestion, Vance, and googling my problem about QuickTime, I was able to fix my problem and can now view Graham's video using his original link with QuickTime. Venny, you may want to look at this web site:
            http://www.stretchinternet.com/videofaq.html#missing and downloading the newest version, 7.0. (It's free.) I hope this will help you as it helped me. This way I know I will be able to view other QuickTime videos.
            Very happy in San Diego,
            Candy

            Candace Pauchnick <pauchnick@...> wrote:
            Hello Graham and Venny,
            I, too, am not able to open the video. I can only hear the audio as well. My computer does have Quicktime so this surprised me. This is the message I receive when I try to open the video:

            "QuickTime is missing software required to perform this operation. Unfortunately, it is not available on the QuickTime server."

            I was so surprised since I just bought this brand new computer within this last month. (My home was broken into and my computer was stolen so I now have everything brand new.) I even updated my QuickTime program and it still doesn't work.

            I went to the QuickTime website and downloaded the most recent version and it still doesn't work. I have a Dell Computer with Windows XP. Graham, do you have any suggestions for me as to how I can access the video you created? I would be most grateful. I would really like to see your video section and not only just be able to hear the audio section.
            Candy Pauchnick

            Graham Stanley <blogefl@...> wrote:
            Hi Venny,

            yes, it is a video. It's a Quicktime video, so perhaps your computer
            doesn't have this installed?

            On 12/1/06, Venny Sou <venny_sou@...> wrote:

            > Hi Graham,
            >
            > Is this a video record
            > (http://www.pod-efl.com/video/Web%202.0%20&%20Language%20Learning.mov)? Why
            > I can only hear your audio?

            The heart of education is made up of two elements:
            love and a willingness to set an example for children.

            Su, Cheng-chao
            http://www.opensource.idv.tw/
            http://TaiMOO.ntjcpa.edu.tw:7000/
          • FOCUS - INGLES EMPRESARIAL
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 2, 2006
              It really worked for me as well!

              Great video and clear presentation of the tools available.

              Thanks Graham.

              alicia
              > I, too, am not able to open the video. I can only hear the audio as well.
              > My computer does have Quicktime so this surprised me. This is the message I
              > receive when I try to open the video:
              >
              > "QuickTime is missing software required to perform this operation.
              > Unfortunately, it is not available on the QuickTime server."
              >
              > I was so surprised since I just bought this brand new computer within this
              > last month. (My home was broken into and my computer was stolen so I now
              > have everything brand new.) I even updated my QuickTime program and it still
              > doesn't work.
              >
              > I went to the QuickTime website and downloaded the most recent version and
              > it still doesn't work. I have a Dell Computer with Windows XP. Graham, do
              > you have any suggestions for me as to how I can access the video you
              > created? I would be most grateful. I would really like to see your video
              > section and not only just be able to hear the audio section.
              > Candy Pauchnick

            • Candace Pauchnick
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 2, 2006
                Venny,
                Your email made me smile. :-) Thanks for sharing.
                Candy

                Venny Sou <venny_sou@...> wrote:
                Hi Candy and Graham and Webheads,

                I got up early on Sunday to fix the QuickTime problem as I though to upgrade its version yesterday when I went to bed. After upgrading and finally saw Graham's nice Video, I log in my email and want to tell everybody that you need a QuickTime7.0 to work on Grahma's video. Canday is ahead of me to experience this process;) I like Webheads soooo much whenever I'm confusing with some tech problem, I know I'm not alone as there's someone somewhere in the webheads working on the same problem and we'll solve it;)

                Thanks, Canday, Grahma and Webheads.

                Candace Pauchnick <pauchnick@...> wrote:
                Vance and Venny,
                After using your suggestion, Vance, and googling my problem about QuickTime, I was able to fix my problem and can now view Graham's video using his original link with QuickTime. Venny, you may want to look at this web site:
                http://www.stretchinternet.com/videofaq.html#missing and downloading the newest version, 7.0. (It's free.) I hope this will help you as it helped me. This way I know I will be able to view other QuickTime videos.
                Very happy in San Diego,
                Candy

                Candace Pauchnick <pauchnick@...> wrote:
                Hello Graham and Venny,
                I, too, am not able to open the video. I can only hear the audio as well. My computer does have Quicktime so this surprised me. This is the message I receive when I try to open the video:

                "QuickTime is missing software required to perform this operation. Unfortunately, it is not available on the QuickTime server."

                I was so surprised since I just bought this brand new computer within this last month. (My home was broken into and my computer was stolen so I now have everything brand new.) I even updated my QuickTime program and it still doesn't work.

                I went to the QuickTime website and downloaded the most recent version and it still doesn't work. I have a Dell Computer with Windows XP. Graham, do you have any suggestions for me as to how I can access the video you created? I would be most grateful. I would really like to see your video section and not only just be able to hear the audio section.
                Candy Pauchnick

                Graham Stanley <blogefl@...> wrote:
                Hi Venny,

                yes, it is a video. It's a Quicktime video, so perhaps your computer
                doesn't have this installed?

                On 12/1/06, Venny Sou <venny_sou@...> wrote:

                > Hi Graham,
                >
                > Is this a video record
                > (http://www.pod-efl.com/video/Web%202.0%20&%20Language%20Learning.mov)? Why
                > I can only hear your audio?

                The heart of education is made up of two elements:
                love and a willingness to set an example for children.

                Su, Cheng-chao
                http://www.opensource.idv.tw/
                http://TaiMOO.ntjcpa.edu.tw:7000/

              • YD Chen
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 2, 2006
                  Hi,Candy,
                  It seems you are online right now. still working on the Quicktime?
                  Any updates about SLers?
                  It is a cloudy Sunday morning here but i can birds singing outside.
                  Hope to catch you online soon.
                  Yaodong