Have a look at Ecto

  • Andreas Büsing
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      < http://www.ectoprep.com/ecto2/Default.aspx>

      * Ecto enables Modern Learning in wired classrooms.
      Ecto is an online networked collaborative learning platform and a
      next-generation course management system that enables teachers to easily
      employ modern teaching methods in wired classrooms.

      There are two major forces in play in the US K-12 education market –
      technology adoption and pressure to improve student learning. Teachers want
      to implement modern learning methods to help kids prepare for the 21st
      century but they can’t do this with their current learning technology.

      Ecto provides the missing piece necessary for the convergence of these two
      trends.

      * Content contribution and sharing
      Because Ecto is an open system, anyone (students, teachers, publishers,
      parents, etc.) can contribute activities to the Ecto Library for free. The
      Ecto library also contains thousands of activities from state exams across
      the nation. When you submit activities to Ecto, can keep them private or
      share them with others. We hope you share! For every shared item added, the
      system becomes more powerful for all.

      * Free-style course creation
      It's your course - design it how you like. You can create your course
      entirely from scratch. Or, you can save time by making use of high-quality
      content already in the Ecto library. Simply copy another shared course from
      the library and edit the course to suit your needs. If you want your
      students to contribute to the course, simply change their contribution
      settings.

      * Who created Ecto?
      Ecto is brought to you by a small group of educators and developers. We’re
      fascinated by the incredible social, collaborative, and learning power of
      the internet. So, why can’t students and teachers work with learning content
      any way they want? That’s where we come in. We created Ecto so you can
      collaborate, create, edit, track and share content with virtually limitless
      flexibility.

      We’re all teachers and students at various times throughout our lives. We’ve
      all had different learning challenges in both roles. By giving teachers and
      students the tools to implement social constructivist learning we think
      learners of all kinds can take a more direct and active path to knowledge.
      We’re passionate about leveraging the best internet technologies to improve
      sharing and learning.

      Best wishes

      Andreas