media lit and ESL

  • Carol lister
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 10, 2002
      Hi all,
      I've been lurking since joining in January and am so
      impressed, excited, thrilled and more about the list,
      the resources, the people and the leader :-) Hi Vance!
      that I don't have words! Someday, I'll get my webcam
      working and join tapped in and other discusssions, but
      as of now, I'm wondering if anyone has considered
      linking media literacy with ESL at any level. I'm
      finishing another masters in Media lit - teaching with
      and about the media - tv, radio, advertising,print
      etc. etc.
      Thanks for any and all responses!
      carol boehm

      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
      http://www.hotjobs.com
    • Susanne Nyrop
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 11, 2002
        Hi Carol,

        how nice to know that you're now among the delurked participants!
        I can follow you when you tell how impressed, excited & thrilled you are
        about this list - which is only part of our many online activities!
        Please see if you can join us at one of our weekly Sunday classes in
        tapped IN at noon GMT, or tell us when you can make it with your webcam
        for a test session with someone to meet you at the other end of the line.

        You're asking for considerations about "linking media literacy with ESL at
        any level - teaching with and about the media - tv, radio, advertising,
        print. Inside my head, the webhead interactive and experimental way of
        integrating our personal experiences in the exploration of online media
        learning, IS part of developing an active and convergent-media-literacy.
        because on the web, you'll find most of it already! And, one important
        aspect is how students and their teachers may get involved in real
        lifelike-production by using digital and internet enhanced tools.

        Please tell us more about your masters study in media literacy!

        Yours,
        Susanne

        PS (and you're welcome to add me to your buddy list in Yahoo messenger, my
        id is Susannenyrop.)