Re: [evonline2002_webheads] IELTS or BEC Students?

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
      Hi, Pete!

      That's very nice to hear. Coimbra is a very nice city.

      I was there on May 10 for a ceremony in a high school and it was "Queima das Fitas" time (university students festival). I had never experienced the smell of beer in the air as I did that night!! And the following morning they were still cleaning up all the broken bottles... When my husband and I went up to the University Library after lunch for a visit - absolutely beautiful! -, there were still a couple of students sleeping and with big hangovers!

      Best, Teresa

      Hi Teresa
      Thanks for adding the link Teresa. As far as the
      Portuguese are concerned I have very fond memories of
      your warmth and friendliness as I was fortunate enough
      to spend 1 year teaching in Coimbra and absolutely
      loved it.
      Best wishes
      Pete
      .

    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
        dear Teresa and Pete,

        My sister Cléa just moved to Coimbra with her husband and she's really
        enjoying university life and the cheerful Portuguese!!!

        Beijos,

        Carla

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
          Dear Carla,

          That's great news! I hope to meet your sister soon.

          Hugs, Teresa

          dear Teresa and Pete,

          My sister Cléa just moved to Coimbra with her husband and she's really
          enjoying university life and the cheerful Portuguese!!!

          Beijos,

          Carla

          .

        • Rita Zeinstejer
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2006
            Hi, dear Tere and Pete,

            May I add my "one" cent here, by saying we (hubby and me) absolutely LOVED Portugal and its people, their friendliness and warmth. And we were struck by the University, which we found an amazingly unique symbol of learning, as well as by the "Biblioteca Joanha" and the artistic and architectural quality of the premises, which is outstanding.

            Your messages brought back wonderful memories of an unforgettable trip where I met Tere last year....;-)

            Great country Portugal!

            Rita