Re: [evonline2002_webheads] IELTS or BEC Students?

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
      Teresa,

      Could be my PC, but your OLE link doesn't open at the moment.

      Dennis

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
        Dennis,

        Same here, so it's probably a temporary server problem. Please try later.

        Hugs, Teresa

        Teresa,

        Could be my PC, but your OLE link doesn't open at the moment.

        Dennis

        .

      • Peter Travis
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
          Hi Teresa
          Thanks for adding the link Teresa. As far as the
          Portuguese are concerned I have very fond memories of
          your warmth and friendliness as I was fortunate enough
          to spend 1 year teaching in Coimbra and absolutely
          loved it.
          Best wishes
          Pete

          --- Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...>

          http://64.71.48.37/teresadeca/webheads/online-learning-environments.htm

          mailto:evonline2002_webheads-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
            Hi, Pete!

            That's very nice to hear. Coimbra is a very nice city.

            I was there on May 10 for a ceremony in a high school and it was "Queima das Fitas" time (university students festival). I had never experienced the smell of beer in the air as I did that night!! And the following morning they were still cleaning up all the broken bottles... When my husband and I went up to the University Library after lunch for a visit - absolutely beautiful! -, there were still a couple of students sleeping and with big hangovers!

            Best, Teresa

            Hi Teresa
            Thanks for adding the link Teresa. As far as the
            Portuguese are concerned I have very fond memories of
            your warmth and friendliness as I was fortunate enough
            to spend 1 year teaching in Coimbra and absolutely
            loved it.
            Best wishes
            Pete
            .

          • Carla arena
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
              dear Teresa and Pete,

              My sister Cléa just moved to Coimbra with her husband and she's really
              enjoying university life and the cheerful Portuguese!!!

              Beijos,

              Carla

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
                Dear Carla,

                That's great news! I hope to meet your sister soon.

                Hugs, Teresa

                dear Teresa and Pete,

                My sister Cléa just moved to Coimbra with her husband and she's really
                enjoying university life and the cheerful Portuguese!!!

                Beijos,

                Carla

                .

              • Rita Zeinstejer
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 4, 2006
                  Hi, dear Tere and Pete,

                  May I add my "one" cent here, by saying we (hubby and me) absolutely LOVED Portugal and its people, their friendliness and warmth. And we were struck by the University, which we found an amazingly unique symbol of learning, as well as by the "Biblioteca Joanha" and the artistic and architectural quality of the premises, which is outstanding.

                  Your messages brought back wonderful memories of an unforgettable trip where I met Tere last year....;-)

                  Great country Portugal!

                  Rita