Re: [evonline2002_webheads] IELTS or BEC Students?

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
      Hi, Peter!

      I listened to Solange and Vucosava and they both did a great job! I must say that I found it a bit strange that V. didn't seem enthusiastic about Portugal or the Portuguese - she seemed a bit ambiguous -, because foreigners usually find us a very warm, friendly and welcoming people.

      Anyway, I've just added your podcast to my OLE page under Podcasting > Educational Podcasts. I hope you don't mind. If you do, I'll remove it. Please let me know.
      http://64.71.48.37/teresadeca/webheads/online-learning-environments.htm

      Best, Teresa (in an overcast Lisbon area)

      http://www.splendidspeaking.podomatic.com

      .

    • Dennis Newson
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
        Teresa,

        Could be my PC, but your OLE link doesn't open at the moment.

        Dennis

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
          Dennis,

          Same here, so it's probably a temporary server problem. Please try later.

          Hugs, Teresa

          Teresa,

          Could be my PC, but your OLE link doesn't open at the moment.

          Dennis

          .

        • Peter Travis
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
            Hi Teresa
            Thanks for adding the link Teresa. As far as the
            Portuguese are concerned I have very fond memories of
            your warmth and friendliness as I was fortunate enough
            to spend 1 year teaching in Coimbra and absolutely
            loved it.
            Best wishes
            Pete

            --- Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...>

            mailto:evonline2002_webheads-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
              Hi, Pete!

              That's very nice to hear. Coimbra is a very nice city.

              I was there on May 10 for a ceremony in a high school and it was "Queima das Fitas" time (university students festival). I had never experienced the smell of beer in the air as I did that night!! And the following morning they were still cleaning up all the broken bottles... When my husband and I went up to the University Library after lunch for a visit - absolutely beautiful! -, there were still a couple of students sleeping and with big hangovers!

              Best, Teresa

              Hi Teresa
              Thanks for adding the link Teresa. As far as the
              Portuguese are concerned I have very fond memories of
              your warmth and friendliness as I was fortunate enough
              to spend 1 year teaching in Coimbra and absolutely
              loved it.
              Best wishes
              Pete
              .

            • Carla arena
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
                dear Teresa and Pete,

                My sister Cléa just moved to Coimbra with her husband and she's really
                enjoying university life and the cheerful Portuguese!!!

                Beijos,

                Carla

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
                  Dear Carla,

                  That's great news! I hope to meet your sister soon.

                  Hugs, Teresa

                  dear Teresa and Pete,

                  My sister Cléa just moved to Coimbra with her husband and she's really
                  enjoying university life and the cheerful Portuguese!!!

                  Beijos,

                  Carla

                  .

                • Rita Zeinstejer
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 4, 2006
                    Hi, dear Tere and Pete,

                    May I add my "one" cent here, by saying we (hubby and me) absolutely LOVED Portugal and its people, their friendliness and warmth. And we were struck by the University, which we found an amazingly unique symbol of learning, as well as by the "Biblioteca Joanha" and the artistic and architectural quality of the premises, which is outstanding.

                    Your messages brought back wonderful memories of an unforgettable trip where I met Tere last year....;-)

                    Great country Portugal!

                    Rita