Re: CALL Course Collaboration Possibilities

  • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hi Jeff--
      Hope this doesn't conflict with your EVO Webcasting session!

      I had "A Brief History of CALL" published in the CATESOL Journal a
      year or two ago--you are welcome to use it, and it is a history of
      CALL pedagogy, which might be useful.

      Let me know and I'll send you an electronic copy.

      Cheers--
      --Elizabeth

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "jefflebow"

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
        Hi Jeff,

        If anyone were to write a Wikibook on CALL you would be the man. I'd be
        interested in working with you on that one.

        There was an interesting CALL History set up in conjunction with one of the
        World CALL conferences but according to
        http://www.camsoftpartners.co.uk/docs/Futurelab_CALL_Article.htm#hofcall\

        History of CALL: http://www.history-of-call.org Dead link - site in process
        of being rescued. The archives of this site can still be accessed via the
        Wayback Machine (the Web Archive) at http://www.archive.org

        I tried the get to the archive but it's blocked here in UAE. Why do I put
        up with this??

        History of CALL in Google turned up interesting results, including a
        Wikipedia article which steered me to the next link I would myself have
        recommended. BTW, you were asking about a textbook. I would have suggested
        that History of CALL site to begin with and secondly, via this link
        http://www.llas.ac.uk/resources/goodpractice.aspx?resourceid=61, this one:

        For a comprehensive overview of CALL see ICT4LT Module 1.4, Introduction to
        Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL): http://www.ict4lt.org/.

        And finally I'd wrap up with the current state of play as given by:

        Coming of Age: An Introduction to the NEW Worldwide Web
        http://www.shambles.net/web2/comingofage/

        And steer them to your podcasts of course, and good luck with it,