Reading Matrix Conference

  • Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
      FYI--
      Passing forward this announcement. Buth and I did a presentation at the first online conference, but I won't be able to do anything in March this year. The RM site also has Script-O, a free quiz maker. All articles are online.
      --Elizabeth

      =============

      The Reading Matrix Newsletter: October 2006

      ONLINE CONFERENCE – CALL FOR PAPERS

      3rd International Online Conference on Second and Foreign Language
      Teaching and Research to be held on March 2-4, 2007.

      Deadline for submission of abstracts is December 15, 2006.

      The basic aim of this conference—Coming Together: The Shrinking Global
      Village—is to provide a venue for educators, established scholars and
      graduate students to present work on a wide variety of pedagogical,
      theoretical and empirical issues as related to the multi-disciplinary field
      of second and foreign language teaching and research. This conference
      will also give you an opportunity to make global connections with people
      in your field.

      For more information and conference details visit
      http://www.readingmatrix.com/onlineconference/index.html

      For a list of possible conference topics visit
      http://www.readingmatrix.com/onlineconference/callforpapers.html

      Online Abstract Submissions
      If you would like to participate as a presenter, please submit an
      abstract online at:
      http://www.readingmatrix.com/onlineconference/abstract.html
      Further Information will be posted online as it becomes available.

      RM BLOG

      The Reading Matrix has started a blog! The purpose of this blog is to
      create a forum for an active conversation among graduate students,
      educators, researchers and anyone else involved in language, literacy and
      technology education. It is hoped that individuals who have an interest
      in these subjects will engage with each other to further contribute to
      these areas of discussion and offer personal and professional insights.
      We want to know what you think! http://readingmatrix.blogspot.com/

      INTERACTIVE READING ACTIVITIES

      The following database includes interactive online reading activities
      from around the Web. While we continue to update these categories,
      please make your own additions so that we may offer our users a
      comprehensive listing of interactive reading activities for students around the
      world. Many of these categories have been suggested or submitted by site
      users. Check out the new story club added to the Short Story Category.
      http://www.readingmatrix.com/toogsandjoo-joo/toogs.htm
      and the new additions to the Vocabulary Category
      http://www.readingmatrix.com/directory/pages/

      Happy Halloween!

      Click on the link below to be removed from the The Reading Matrix