Re: [evonline2002_webheads] cooking session

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2002
      Rita,

      I was able to see your document during the session. /To Daf "I was confusing empanadas with arepas."

      Two questions:

      (1) In your Word program, can you SAVE AS HTML? If you can, you should do that with this document.

      (2) You have a website at http://www.zeinstejer.com don't you? Just wondering if there was any reason the html document and its associated images could not be stored there so the recipe could be accessed via the web.

      Webheads are always ready to help if needed :-)

      Meanwhile, I've put the urls from the Webheads Cooking Class session at the bottom of our Cybertours page:
      http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/cybertours.htm

      Happy eating,

      Vance

      p.s. Susanne, I'm easily able to access your page from my office and I'm looking at it now. I particulaly appreciate your links to Little Black Sambo, a book I used to love when I was a child. I'm not sure if my children are that familiar with this book. It was banned in the USA, for a while at least, from schools I think, as not being 'politically correct'. Of course, that's ridiculous, but then again, many things are in this world. It's a wonderful and enduring book, and will last long beyond the notions of what is politically in vogue by a given set of demagogues (let's hope).

      Rita Zeinstejer wrote:

      > Hi, Webheads! Thank you all for the great session today, mainly to the three cooking leaders..., we are all ready to try paella, cod fish and pancakes ...(and prepare them, sites bookmarked...)
      > I obviously made a mistake by uploading the doc I had made with my recipe to My Files in Yahoo Groups. So said Vance, that´s why only registered Webheads members were able to see it... But in case someone is interested, here is the file, with several pictures following the process:

      > Thanks again, Daf, Sus and Tere, we all profited from the session and learned something, as usual...
      >
      > Love
      >
      > Rita

      > For more information:
      > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
      >
      > Syllabus:
      > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus.htm

    • dygonza
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 23, 2002
        Dear Vance,
        Since you mentioned "arepas" and were confusing argent. empanadas
        with arepas, I made a search in google for "arepas" and it is
        incredible how people change the whole concept of a dish without
        changing the name, or even adding a qualifier to it. Now, I
        understand why Valencians feel so bad when people call paella, the
        different versions created with a variety of ingredients far from the
        ones it originally contains. Well, but going back to arepas, I found
        a site which has a recipe close to the original:
        http://www.rice.edu/projects/topics/edition7/arepas.htm

        I think I will create a page about arepas. Anyway, if any of you want
        to try "ricas" arepas, drop by my place sometime!

        Daf

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., Vance Stevens <vstevens@e...>

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Rita Zeinstejer
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 23, 2002
          Vance,
          Thanks a lot for your tips. They are always welcome.

          Rita Zeinstejer wrote:

          > Hi, Webheads! Thank you all for the great session today, mainly to the three cooking leaders..., we are all ready to try paella, cod fish and pancakes ...(and prepare them, sites bookmarked...)
          > I obviously made a mistake by uploading the doc I had made with my recipe to My Files in Yahoo Groups. So said Vance, that´s why only registered Webheads members were able to see it... But in case someone is interested, here is the file, with several pictures following the process:

          > Thanks again, Daf, Sus and Tere, we all profited from the session and learned something, as usual...
          >
          > Love
          >
          > Rita

          > For more information:
          > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm