Re: AW: [evonline2002_webheads] Spreading peace with Skype and TalkAndWrite.

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
      Thanks, Vance. I think I have a knack of finding pay versions of tools, even
      if there are free versions around.

      Dennis

    • Dafne
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
        I have asked my English for Architecture students to
        design a display ad, and to carry out the task, I
        suggested: Groupboard, TalkAndWrite and Gliffy, let´s
        see which one the find more useful. I will keep you
        posted.

        Daf

        <http://www.groupboard.com/mp/board_3dlook.cgi?board_id=1&large=true>
        > 3d-look javascript graphical user interface, or
        > design your own.
        > * Up to 4 background pictures.
        > * Up to 20 saved pictures.
        > * Up to 50 posts in the message board.
        > * Up to 5 users connected at once.
        > * Multiple-language versions: English, Francais,
        > Espanol, Dansk,
        > Portugues, Norsk, Deutsch, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew.
        >
        > * Unicode character support for languages such as
        > Hebrew, Arabic,
        > Japanese and Chinese.
        > * Banner advert appears at the top, plus a popup
        > advert.
        > * Whiteboard size is small and cannot be resized.
        > Cost: free -
        > <http://www.groupboard.com/demo/gbregister.shtml>
        > click here
        > to set up a free board
        > .<
        >

        > Best wishes
        >

        > Andreas

        > -end of message-
        >
        > _____

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Dennis Newson
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
          That sounds interesting, Daf, especially setting up comparing using three
          similar tools for the same task. And it's ideal, too, that the task comes
          first.

          SUGGESTION:

          Those of us meeting on Monday could also have a loook at Groupboard and
          Gliffy. I'll try to come to the meeting prepared! TalkAndWrite only takes a
          few moments to explore - at least that is all it took a couple of us from
          this list yesterday.

          Dennis

        • YD Chen
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 30, 2006
            Hi,Daf,
            Shall we test Unyte?
            Yaodong

            Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:
            I have asked my English for Architecture students to
            design a display ad, and to carry out the task, I
            suggested: Groupboard, TalkAndWrite and Gliffy, let´s
            see which one the find more useful. I will keep you
            posted.

            Daf

            --- Andreas Busing <169645@...> wrote:

            > >.
            >

            > Thanks for the info about Groupboard, Daf, it looks
            > good -, but I'm amongst
            > the privileged but relatively poor of this earth and
            > have to go for the
            > freebies!
            > Dennis
            > .<
            >

            > >.
            > Free Version < <http://www.groupboard.com/>
            > http://www.groupboard.com/>
            >

            > Features:
            >
            > * We host the java classes and the Groupboard
            > server, but you can put
            > the Groupboard into your own webpages by simply
            > pasting a few lines of HTML
            > code.
            > * Whiteboard, chat, message boards and games.
            > * Customisable user interface: choose the
            > <http://www.groupboard.com/demo/main.html> standard
            > java user interface, or
            > our new

            <http://www.groupboard.com/mp/board_3dlook.cgi?board_id=1&large=true>
            > 3d-look javascript graphical user interface, or
            > design your own.
            > * Up to 4 background pictures.
            > * Up to 20 saved pictures.
            > * Up to 50 posts in the message board.
            > * Up to 5 users connected at once.
            > * Multiple-language versions: English, Francais,
            > Espanol, Dansk,
            > Portugues, Norsk, Deutsch, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew.
            >
            > * Unicode character support for languages such as
            > Hebrew, Arabic,
            > Japanese and Chinese.
            > * Banner advert appears at the top, plus a popup
            > advert.
            > * Whiteboard size is small and cannot be resized.
            > Cost: free -
            > <http://www.groupboard.com/demo/gbregister.shtml>
            > click here
            > to set up a free board