Spreading peace with Skype and TalkAndWrite.

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 27, 2006
      From "About Talk and Write", the new Skype plug-in that has been written
      about here and/or on Webheads:

      " *TalkAndWrite* transmits to Skype alterations made on the document by User
      1. Skype retransmits this peace of information via Internet to *TalkAndWrite
      * to User 2, allowing real time communication. "

      Communicate internationally, Skype sisters and brothers, and let peace be
      with you.

      P.S. Where does the talk bit kick in? Is it that you write as you talk?

      Dennis

      --

      Dennis Newson (retired)
      University Osnabrück

    • Dafne
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 27, 2006
        Dennis,

        I tried it this evening, and you as far as I could
        see, you talk in skype while you are collaborating on
        the whiteboard.

        Personally, I think the whiteboard still needs some
        tools for drawing like the ones found in Groupboard
        (http://www.groupboard.com)

        hugs,

        Daf

        --- Dennis Newson <djn@...> wrote:

        > From "About Talk and Write", the new Skype plug-in
        > that has been written
        > about here and/or on Webheads:
        >
        > " *TalkAndWrite* transmits to Skype alterations made
        > on the document by User
        > 1. Skype retransmits this peace of information via
        > Internet to *TalkAndWrite
        > * to User 2, allowing real time communication. "
        >
        > Communicate internationally, Skype sisters and
        > brothers, and let peace be
        > with you.
        >
        > P.S. Where does the talk bit kick in? Is it that you
        > write as you talk?
        >
        > Dennis
        >

        > --
        >

        > Dennis Newson (retired)
        > University Osnabrück
        > CETEFL-L, Germany-English,
        > EFLTU etc.

        > removed]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Dennis Newson
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 27, 2006
          Thanks for the info about Groupboard, Daf, it looks good -, but I'm amongst
          the privileged but relatively poor of this earth and have to go for the
          freebies!

          Dennis

        • Andreas Busing
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
            >.

            Thanks for the info about Groupboard, Daf, it looks good -, but I'm amongst
            the privileged but relatively poor of this earth and have to go for the
            freebies!
            Dennis
            .<

            >.
            Free Version < <http://www.groupboard.com/> http://www.groupboard.com/>

            Features:

            * We host the java classes and the Groupboard server, but you can put
            the Groupboard into your own webpages by simply pasting a few lines of HTML
            code.
            * Whiteboard, chat, message boards and games.
            * Customisable user interface: choose the
            <http://www.groupboard.com/demo/main.html> standard java user interface, or
            our new
            <http://www.groupboard.com/mp/board_3dlook.cgi?board_id=1&large=true>
            3d-look javascript graphical user interface, or design your own.
            * Up to 4 background pictures.
            * Up to 20 saved pictures.
            * Up to 50 posts in the message board.
            * Up to 5 users connected at once.
            * Multiple-language versions: English, Francais, Espanol, Dansk,
            Portugues, Norsk, Deutsch, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew.
            * Unicode character support for languages such as Hebrew, Arabic,
            Japanese and Chinese.
            * Banner advert appears at the top, plus a popup advert.
            * Whiteboard size is small and cannot be resized.
            Cost: free - <http://www.groupboard.com/demo/gbregister.shtml> click here
            to set up a free board
            .<

            Best wishes

            Andreas

            -end of message-

            _____

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
              Andreas,

              You are a font of information. Thanks so much.

              Dennis

            • vstevens@emirates.net.ae
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
                I see I last updated this page in March 2005 but it was originally put
                up around the turn of the century:

                http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/groupboard.htm

                It's always been free, and as you see, you can paste the code to your
                own page and Bob's your uncle.

                Vance

                > Thanks for the info about Groupboard, Daf, it looks good -, but
                > I'm amongst
                > the privileged but relatively poor of this earth and have to go
                > for the
                > freebies!
                > Dennis
                > .<
                >

                > >.
                > Free Version < <http://www.groupboard.com/>
                > http://www.groupboard.com/>
                >

                > Features:
                >
                > * We host the java classes and the Groupboard server, but you
                can put
                > the Groupboard into your own webpages by simply pasting a few
                > lines of HTML
                > code.
                > * Whiteboard, chat, message boards and games.
                > * Customisable user interface: choose the
                > <http://www.groupboard.com/demo/main.html> standard java user
                > interface, or
                > our new
                > <http://www.groupboard.com/mp/board_3dlook.cgi?board_id=1&large=true>
                > 3d-look javascript graphical user interface, or design your own.
                > * Up to 4 background pictures.
                > * Up to 20 saved pictures.
                > * Up to 50 posts in the message board.
                > * Up to 5 users connected at once.
                > * Multiple-language versions: English, Francais, Espanol, Dansk,
                > Portugues, Norsk, Deutsch, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew.
                > * Unicode character support for languages such as Hebrew, Arabic,
                > Japanese and Chinese.
                > * Banner advert appears at the top, plus a popup advert.
                > * Whiteboard size is small and cannot be resized.
                > Cost: free - <http://www.groupboard.com/demo/gbregister.shtml>
                > click here
                > to set up a free board
                > .<
                >

                > Best wishes
                >

                > Andreas
              • Dennis Newson
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
                  Thanks, Vance. I think I have a knack of finding pay versions of tools, even
                  if there are free versions around.

                  Dennis

                • Dafne
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
                    I have asked my English for Architecture students to
                    design a display ad, and to carry out the task, I
                    suggested: Groupboard, TalkAndWrite and Gliffy, let´s
                    see which one the find more useful. I will keep you
                    posted.

                    Daf

                    --- Andreas Busing <169645@...> wrote:

                    > >.
                    >

                    > Thanks for the info about Groupboard, Daf, it looks
                    > good -, but I'm amongst
                    > the privileged but relatively poor of this earth and
                    > have to go for the
                    > freebies!
                    > Dennis
                    > .<
                    >

                    > >.
                    > Free Version < <http://www.groupboard.com/>
                    > http://www.groupboard.com/>
                    >

                    > Features:
                    >
                    > * We host the java classes and the Groupboard
                    > server, but you can put
                    > the Groupboard into your own webpages by simply
                    > pasting a few lines of HTML
                    > code.
                    > * Whiteboard, chat, message boards and games.
                    > * Customisable user interface: choose the
                    > <http://www.groupboard.com/demo/main.html> standard
                    > java user interface, or
                    > our new

                    <http://www.groupboard.com/mp/board_3dlook.cgi?board_id=1&large=true>
                    > 3d-look javascript graphical user interface, or
                    > design your own.
                    > * Up to 4 background pictures.
                    > * Up to 20 saved pictures.
                    > * Up to 50 posts in the message board.
                    > * Up to 5 users connected at once.
                    > * Multiple-language versions: English, Francais,
                    > Espanol, Dansk,
                    > Portugues, Norsk, Deutsch, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew.
                    >
                    > * Unicode character support for languages such as
                    > Hebrew, Arabic,
                    > Japanese and Chinese.
                    > * Banner advert appears at the top, plus a popup
                    > advert.
                    > * Whiteboard size is small and cannot be resized.
                    > Cost: free -
                    > <http://www.groupboard.com/demo/gbregister.shtml>
                    > click here
                    > to set up a free board
                    > .<
                    >

                    > Best wishes
                    >

                    > Andreas

                    > -end of message-
                    >
                    > _____

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Dennis Newson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
                      That sounds interesting, Daf, especially setting up comparing using three
                      similar tools for the same task. And it's ideal, too, that the task comes
                      first.

                      SUGGESTION:

                      Those of us meeting on Monday could also have a loook at Groupboard and
                      Gliffy. I'll try to come to the meeting prepared! TalkAndWrite only takes a
                      few moments to explore - at least that is all it took a couple of us from
                      this list yesterday.

                      Dennis

                    • YD Chen
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 30, 2006
                        Hi,Daf,
                        Shall we test Unyte?
                        Yaodong

                        Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:
                        I have asked my English for Architecture students to
                        design a display ad, and to carry out the task, I
                        suggested: Groupboard, TalkAndWrite and Gliffy, let´s
                        see which one the find more useful. I will keep you
                        posted.

                        Daf

                        --- Andreas Busing <169645@...> wrote:

                        > >.
                        >

                        > Thanks for the info about Groupboard, Daf, it looks
                        > good -, but I'm amongst
                        > the privileged but relatively poor of this earth and
                        > have to go for the
                        > freebies!
                        > Dennis
                        > .<
                        >

                        > >.
                        > Free Version < <http://www.groupboard.com/>
                        > http://www.groupboard.com/>
                        >

                        > Features:
                        >
                        > * We host the java classes and the Groupboard
                        > server, but you can put
                        > the Groupboard into your own webpages by simply
                        > pasting a few lines of HTML
                        > code.
                        > * Whiteboard, chat, message boards and games.
                        > * Customisable user interface: choose the
                        > <http://www.groupboard.com/demo/main.html> standard
                        > java user interface, or
                        > our new

                        <http://www.groupboard.com/mp/board_3dlook.cgi?board_id=1&large=true>
                        > 3d-look javascript graphical user interface, or
                        > design your own.
                        > * Up to 4 background pictures.
                        > * Up to 20 saved pictures.
                        > * Up to 50 posts in the message board.
                        > * Up to 5 users connected at once.
                        > * Multiple-language versions: English, Francais,
                        > Espanol, Dansk,
                        > Portugues, Norsk, Deutsch, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew.
                        >
                        > * Unicode character support for languages such as
                        > Hebrew, Arabic,
                        > Japanese and Chinese.
                        > * Banner advert appears at the top, plus a popup
                        > advert.
                        > * Whiteboard size is small and cannot be resized.
                        > Cost: free -
                        > <http://www.groupboard.com/demo/gbregister.shtml>
                        > click here
                        > to set up a free board