Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Software for internet-based courses

  • Maria Albers de Urriola
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2002
      Michael,
      when you say you teach using WebCT, what do you really mean? Is the
      sillabus in this platform or is it only for management purposes that you use
      it?
      Thanks for your attention,
      María Irene Albers de Urriola
      Valencia, Venezuela
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2002
        At 03:40 PM 19/07/2002 -0400, Maria wrote:

        >Michael,
        >when you say you teach using WebCT, what do you really mean? Is the
        >sillabus in this platform or is it only for management purposes that you use
        >it?
        Hi Maria.

        The syllabus exists independent of WebCT but any or all of the course
        content can be housed in WebCT. It also provides all the communication
        tools (chat, forums, mail), assessments that can be teacher graded or
        automatically marked, links to resources, and much more. Software like
        WebCT is usually described as a 'learning or course management system'. It
        is not perfect, but it is an extremely versatile tool and students
        generally like using it.

        - Michael Coghlan.