Re: [evonline2002_webheads] cooking session

  • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 17 3:39 PM
      Thank you, Rita! Very sweet of you to send such a lovely message! :-)

      I did get your recipe, bookmarked it and will take a look at it
      tomorrow.

      Hugs, Teresa

      Hi, Webheads! Thank you all for the great session today, mainly to the
      three cooking leaders..., we are all ready to try paella, cod fish and
      pancakes ...(and prepare them, sites bookmarked...)
      I obviously made a mistake by uploading the doc I had made with my
      recipe to My Files in Yahoo Groups. So said Vance, that´s why only
      registered Webheads members were able to see it... But in case someone
      is interested, here is the file, with several pictures following the
      process:

      anada.doc

      Thanks again, Daf, Sus and Tere, we all profited from the session and
      learned something, as usual...

      Love

      Rita

      http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads
      .htm

      Syllabus:
      http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus
      .htm

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • dygonza
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 19 1:48 PM
        Dear Rita,
        Thanks a lot for your empanada recipe. I love "empanadas"
        (argentinian, chilean and venezuelan). I have been after a recipe for
        a long time, now you give me the opportunity to try my cooking skills
        with your recipe. Venezuelan empanadas are fried and made with corn
        flour, and they also take different fillings. I prefer the
        individual-size empanadas. I will let you know how your recipe worked
        in my kitchen.
        I love this international exchange of recipes.

        Best regards,
        Dafne

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., "Rita Zeinstejer" <rita@z...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22 1:03 AM
          Rita,

          I was able to see your document during the session. /To Daf "I was confusing empanadas with arepas."

          Two questions:

          (1) In your Word program, can you SAVE AS HTML? If you can, you should do that with this document.

          (2) You have a website at http://www.zeinstejer.com don't you? Just wondering if there was any reason the html document and its associated images could not be stored there so the recipe could be accessed via the web.

          Webheads are always ready to help if needed :-)

          Meanwhile, I've put the urls from the Webheads Cooking Class session at the bottom of our Cybertours page:
          http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/cybertours.htm

          Happy eating,

          Vance

          p.s. Susanne, I'm easily able to access your page from my office and I'm looking at it now. I particulaly appreciate your links to Little Black Sambo, a book I used to love when I was a child. I'm not sure if my children are that familiar with this book. It was banned in the USA, for a while at least, from schools I think, as not being 'politically correct'. Of course, that's ridiculous, but then again, many things are in this world. It's a wonderful and enduring book, and will last long beyond the notions of what is politically in vogue by a given set of demagogues (let's hope).

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 23 2:43 AM
            Dear Vance,
            Since you mentioned "arepas" and were confusing argent. empanadas
            with arepas, I made a search in google for "arepas" and it is
            incredible how people change the whole concept of a dish without
            changing the name, or even adding a qualifier to it. Now, I
            understand why Valencians feel so bad when people call paella, the
            different versions created with a variety of ingredients far from the
            ones it originally contains. Well, but going back to arepas, I found
            a site which has a recipe close to the original:
            http://www.rice.edu/projects/topics/edition7/arepas.htm

            I think I will create a page about arepas. Anyway, if any of you want
            to try "ricas" arepas, drop by my place sometime!

            Daf

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., Vance Stevens <vstevens@e...>

          • Rita Zeinstejer
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 23 2:57 PM
              Vance,
              Thanks a lot for your tips. They are always welcome.

              Rita Zeinstejer wrote:

              > Hi, Webheads! Thank you all for the great session today, mainly to the three cooking leaders..., we are all ready to try paella, cod fish and pancakes ...(and prepare them, sites bookmarked...)
              > I obviously made a mistake by uploading the doc I had made with my recipe to My Files in Yahoo Groups. So said Vance, that´s why only registered Webheads members were able to see it... But in case someone is interested, here is the file, with several pictures following the process:

              > Thanks again, Daf, Sus and Tere, we all profited from the session and learned something, as usual...
              >
              > Love
              >
              > Rita

              > For more information:
              > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm