cooking session

  • Rita Zeinstejer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 17, 2002
      Hi, Webheads! Thank you all for the great session today, mainly to the three cooking leaders..., we are all ready to try paella, cod fish and pancakes ...(and prepare them, sites bookmarked...)
      I obviously made a mistake by uploading the doc I had made with my recipe to My Files in Yahoo Groups. So said Vance, that´s why only registered Webheads members were able to see it... But in case someone is interested, here is the file, with several pictures following the process:

      Thanks again, Daf, Sus and Tere, we all profited from the session and learned something, as usual...

      Love

      Rita

    • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 17, 2002
        Thank you, Rita! Very sweet of you to send such a lovely message! :-)

        I did get your recipe, bookmarked it and will take a look at it
        tomorrow.

        Hugs, Teresa

        Hi, Webheads! Thank you all for the great session today, mainly to the
        three cooking leaders..., we are all ready to try paella, cod fish and
        pancakes ...(and prepare them, sites bookmarked...)
        I obviously made a mistake by uploading the doc I had made with my
        recipe to My Files in Yahoo Groups. So said Vance, that´s why only
        registered Webheads members were able to see it... But in case someone
        is interested, here is the file, with several pictures following the
        process:

        anada.doc

        Thanks again, Daf, Sus and Tere, we all profited from the session and
        learned something, as usual...

        Love

        Rita

        http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads
        .htm

        Syllabus:
        http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus
        .htm

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • dygonza
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 19, 2002
          Dear Rita,
          Thanks a lot for your empanada recipe. I love "empanadas"
          (argentinian, chilean and venezuelan). I have been after a recipe for
          a long time, now you give me the opportunity to try my cooking skills
          with your recipe. Venezuelan empanadas are fried and made with corn
          flour, and they also take different fillings. I prefer the
          individual-size empanadas. I will let you know how your recipe worked
          in my kitchen.
          I love this international exchange of recipes.

          Best regards,
          Dafne

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., "Rita Zeinstejer" <rita@z...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 22, 2002
            Rita,

            I was able to see your document during the session. /To Daf "I was confusing empanadas with arepas."

            Two questions:

            (1) In your Word program, can you SAVE AS HTML? If you can, you should do that with this document.

            (2) You have a website at http://www.zeinstejer.com don't you? Just wondering if there was any reason the html document and its associated images could not be stored there so the recipe could be accessed via the web.

            Webheads are always ready to help if needed :-)

            Meanwhile, I've put the urls from the Webheads Cooking Class session at the bottom of our Cybertours page:
            http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/cybertours.htm

            Happy eating,

            Vance

            p.s. Susanne, I'm easily able to access your page from my office and I'm looking at it now. I particulaly appreciate your links to Little Black Sambo, a book I used to love when I was a child. I'm not sure if my children are that familiar with this book. It was banned in the USA, for a while at least, from schools I think, as not being 'politically correct'. Of course, that's ridiculous, but then again, many things are in this world. It's a wonderful and enduring book, and will last long beyond the notions of what is politically in vogue by a given set of demagogues (let's hope).

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 23, 2002
              Dear Vance,
              Since you mentioned "arepas" and were confusing argent. empanadas
              with arepas, I made a search in google for "arepas" and it is
              incredible how people change the whole concept of a dish without
              changing the name, or even adding a qualifier to it. Now, I
              understand why Valencians feel so bad when people call paella, the
              different versions created with a variety of ingredients far from the
              ones it originally contains. Well, but going back to arepas, I found
              a site which has a recipe close to the original:
              http://www.rice.edu/projects/topics/edition7/arepas.htm

              I think I will create a page about arepas. Anyway, if any of you want
              to try "ricas" arepas, drop by my place sometime!

              Daf

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., Vance Stevens <vstevens@e...>

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 23, 2002
                Vance,
                Thanks a lot for your tips. They are always welcome.

                Rita Zeinstejer wrote:

                > Hi, Webheads! Thank you all for the great session today, mainly to the three cooking leaders..., we are all ready to try paella, cod fish and pancakes ...(and prepare them, sites bookmarked...)
                > I obviously made a mistake by uploading the doc I had made with my recipe to My Files in Yahoo Groups. So said Vance, that´s why only registered Webheads members were able to see it... But in case someone is interested, here is the file, with several pictures following the process:

                > Thanks again, Daf, Sus and Tere, we all profited from the session and learned something, as usual...
                >
                > Love
                >
                > Rita

                > For more information:
                > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm