Tribute to ESL Blues and Contigo

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2006
      Hello and apologies for cross-posting.

      My colleague and former office-mate Eifion Pritchard surprised us
      this summer by announcing his retirement. Who is Eifion Pritchard?
      He is the one and only creator of ESL Blues, a wonderful site jam-
      packed with interactive grammar exercises for ESL students of all
      levels. If you haven't used it before, please check it out:
      http://ww2.college-em.qc.ca/prof/epritchard/ Since it was first put
      on the web, it has had over 800 billion (yes, billion with a B) hits
      and has become a standard component of ESL classes around the
      world. Eifion also created a companion website for Spanish-learners
      called Contigo which you can find at http://ww2.college-
      em.qc.ca/prof/epritchard/espagnol/index.htm

      I thought it would be interesting to collect comments from students
      and teachers around the world, so I have created an email account at
      eslblues@... which I will turn over to Eifion at his
      retirement party some time in September. (I thought of setting up a
      yahoo group, but I wouldn't have time to monitor it--if anyone has
      suggestions, please let me know). Anyway, I would love it if you
      could ask your students, colleagues, anyone that has benefitted from
      ESL Blues to send a message to Eifion, indicating your country, what
      you liked, etc. Feel free to attach pictures or podcasts as well (I
      might be able to use them in a PowerPoint presentation for the
      party).

      Thanks so much,

      Jane Petring