Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Try PureVoice

  • dafne Chavez
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2002
      Thanks a lot Elizabeth, I once visited the site after I read an article you posted in one of the yahoo groups, but had forgotten about it. I will give it a try and report back.
      Daf
      ehansonsmi <ehansonsmi@...> wrote: You may be disappointed that Wimba has had to start charging
      for the use of its site, but try out PureVoice. It's even better for
      student use if you want to have them work with pronunciation.

      PV creates editable files, so you can send a student a file with
      your voice and have them repeat what you say sentence by
      sentence for practice. Then have the student send you a
      message, and insert correct pronunciations here and there and
      send the file back, and so on, back and forth. Marsha Chan
      uses PV for individual tutoring in pronunciation. You can also
      use it for a file "exam" in pronunciation.

      You need to download a small file to your hd to create and listen
      to files. The PV file is sent as an e-mail attachment. This is a lot
      less hassle than an audio tape, which doesn't allow editing
      without erasing parts of the tape.

      PV is found at the Qualcomm site:
      www.cdmatech.com/solutions/products/
      purevoice_download.html