Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Wimba Boards - kaput?!

  • aiden yeh
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
      Hello Arlyn,
      Like you, I received the notice and responded to the poll, too. But, I didn't hear from them after that, either.
      aiden
      Arlyn Freed wrote:Has anyone received a warning from Wimba regarding
      closing of our Wimba boards? Like all of you, I
      received and responded to the poll, but heard no more.
      Today, I checked my Wimba boards, and received the
      message "Forbidden URL". When I visited Wimba.com and
      Wimba manager, I found that the service has been
      discontinued and will now cost $100.

      I guess this is fair, it's a great service, though
      hard to justify to already budget conscious program
      directors. Of bigger concern is the lack of
      communication regarding the now defunct boards. I
      didn't get any e-mail about the shut-down... did I
      miss something?

      Thanks,
      Arlyn

      =====