Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Short videos by internet

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 1, 2006
      Michael,

      Thanks for your 30 second, or whatever it is, intro. You agree with me and
      I agree with you! It could be great to have a series of these introductions
      - audio-visual thumbnail sketches, as short and uncomplicated as yours and
      Teresa's.

      You both have Logitech cams. I like their products - but do yoj both mind
      saying which Logitech cam (I want one!) and whether your are a Mac or PC
      person.

      Teresa mentioned she made her movie with software that came with the cam.
      How did you make yours, Michael?

      This thread reminds me, there is a useful free site wwhere you can make one
      minute videos.

      See:

      http://www.blogcheese.com

      If I remember correctly, I found a link to this site on Elisabeth's
      (Hanson-Smith) homepage.

      While I'm writing, thanks Michael, too, for the reference to PowerGramo (for
      recording Skype conversations). I now use it regularly, with good results.

      http://www.powergramo.com/

      (Free).

      Greetings,

      Dennis

    • John Hibbs
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 1, 2006
        Michael, you looked great! Nice work, all. Very nice.

        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 2, 2006
          Dear Michael,

          I'm glad that I inspired you to record your nice and pleasant video. It's great to see and hear friends! :-)

          Hugs, Teresa

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5jB3-uWN1o

        • smokolo
          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 2, 2006
            Dear friends,

            I have good news - my proposal for "Learning Objects: Methods and
            Discovery" at TESOL-Italy's XXXI National Convention to be held in
            Naples on November 3rd and 4th, 2006 has been accepted. www.tesol.it

            So I will be presenting my work in progress, a Learning Object that I
            am now building with the guidance of the crew at University of
            Nottingham in England (in particular, Thomas Koller who has been
            working with me to improve both my work and his editor!) This has been
            so much fun for me and I am so grateful to Thomas and his crew....I
            feel truly lucky. Will keep you informed and once the LO is finished
            I will send on the link.

            thanks to you, my cyberspace friends who have inspired me so much....
            hugs, Susan
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 2, 2006
              Dear Susan,

              That's great news about Tesol Italy! Congrats! I look forward to seeing your LO.

              Hugs, Teresa

            • Moira Hunter
              Message 6 of 26 , Aug 2, 2006
                Talking about short videos , this is my favourite at the moment - it really wakes me up!!

                http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-7836547273687836884

                Moira

                Visit Your Group

                Distance learning education
                Accredited distance learning
                Distance learning
                Distance learning master degree
                Distance learning education online

                Ads on Yahoo!
                Learn more now.
                Reach customers
                searching for you.

                Yahoo! Mail
                Next gen email?
                Try the all-new
                Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                Y! Messenger
                All together now
                Host a free online
                conference on IM.

                .

              • Dennis Newson
                Message 7 of 26 , Aug 2, 2006
                  Moira,

                  Do you accept responsibility for making me laugh so loud so early in the
                  day?

                  Thanks!

                  Incidentally, for hamster lovers, owners or carers of chuildren who love
                  hamsters there is a marvellous childrens' book by Lynn Reid Banks (author of
                  The L-shaped Room) - Houdini. I don't know if it is still in print, though.

                  Dennis

                • Cheryl Oakes
                  Message 8 of 26 , Aug 3, 2006
                    Susan, This is great news! Go webheads.
                    Cheryl
                  • Cheryl Oakes
                    Message 9 of 26 , Aug 3, 2006
                      Thanks for some alternatives. I'll check them out. Windows Media
                      Player still won't play on Mac os X, disappointing.

                      Cheryl