Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Short videos by internet

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 1, 2006
      I agree with Dennis - what a lovely little movie! It came out
      beautifully Teresa. We should all do one of these. And stick 'em in
      Youtube http://youtube.com/ - a series of webhead intros would be lovely.

      I just tried with my Logitech cam and the result was reasonable.
      Yours was excellent Teresa. Mine is at
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5jB3-uWN1o. Sounds not too good but
      OK for quick and dirty!

      - Michael

      At 08:38 PM 1/08/2006, you wrote:

      >Hi, Mike!
      >
      >I've just followed your suggestion and have been able to reduce the
      >video file I sent Dennis from 7.1 MB to 1.2 MB. Wow!!! And I didn't
      >notice any change in quality. Here's the link where you can see it.
      ><http://teresadeca.motime.com/>http://teresadeca.motime.com/
      >
      >Thank you, Mike!
      >
      >My question now is: are .rv files Mac compatible?
      >
      >Hugs, Teresa
      >
      ><http://forms.real.com/rnforms/products/tools/producerbasic/index.html>http://forms.real.com/rnforms/products/tools/producerbasic/index.html
      >or
      ><http://tinyurl.com/3x2a4>http://tinyurl.com/3x2a4
      >
      >If you want to compare my own results __with these same settings__,
      >you can see for yourself at
      ><http://tinyurl.com/7gqe2>http://tinyurl.com/7gqe2
      >and
      ><http://tinyurl.com/r6znk>http://tinyurl.com/r6znk

      >Checked by AVG Free Edition.

    • Dennis Newson
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 1, 2006
        Michael,

        Thanks for your 30 second, or whatever it is, intro. You agree with me and
        I agree with you! It could be great to have a series of these introductions
        - audio-visual thumbnail sketches, as short and uncomplicated as yours and
        Teresa's.

        You both have Logitech cams. I like their products - but do yoj both mind
        saying which Logitech cam (I want one!) and whether your are a Mac or PC
        person.

        Teresa mentioned she made her movie with software that came with the cam.
        How did you make yours, Michael?

        This thread reminds me, there is a useful free site wwhere you can make one
        minute videos.

        See:

        http://www.blogcheese.com

        If I remember correctly, I found a link to this site on Elisabeth's
        (Hanson-Smith) homepage.

        While I'm writing, thanks Michael, too, for the reference to PowerGramo (for
        recording Skype conversations). I now use it regularly, with good results.

        http://www.powergramo.com/

        (Free).

        Greetings,

        Dennis

      • John Hibbs
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 1, 2006
          Michael, you looked great! Nice work, all. Very nice.

          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 2, 2006
            Dear Michael,

            I'm glad that I inspired you to record your nice and pleasant video. It's great to see and hear friends! :-)

            Hugs, Teresa

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5jB3-uWN1o

          • smokolo
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 2, 2006
              Dear friends,

              I have good news - my proposal for "Learning Objects: Methods and
              Discovery" at TESOL-Italy's XXXI National Convention to be held in
              Naples on November 3rd and 4th, 2006 has been accepted. www.tesol.it

              So I will be presenting my work in progress, a Learning Object that I
              am now building with the guidance of the crew at University of
              Nottingham in England (in particular, Thomas Koller who has been
              working with me to improve both my work and his editor!) This has been
              so much fun for me and I am so grateful to Thomas and his crew....I
              feel truly lucky. Will keep you informed and once the LO is finished
              I will send on the link.

              thanks to you, my cyberspace friends who have inspired me so much....
              hugs, Susan
              Message 6 of 26 , Aug 2, 2006
                Dear Susan,

                That's great news about Tesol Italy! Congrats! I look forward to seeing your LO.

                Hugs, Teresa

              • Moira Hunter
                Message 7 of 26 , Aug 2, 2006
                  Talking about short videos , this is my favourite at the moment - it really wakes me up!!

                  http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-7836547273687836884

                  Moira

                  Visit Your Group

                  Distance learning education
                  Accredited distance learning
                  Distance learning
                  Distance learning master degree
                  Distance learning education online

                  Ads on Yahoo!
                  Learn more now.
                  Reach customers
                  searching for you.

                  Yahoo! Mail
                  Next gen email?
                  Try the all-new
                  Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                  Y! Messenger
                  All together now
                  Host a free online
                  conference on IM.

                  .

                • Dennis Newson
                  Message 8 of 26 , Aug 2, 2006
                    Moira,

                    Do you accept responsibility for making me laugh so loud so early in the
                    day?

                    Thanks!

                    Incidentally, for hamster lovers, owners or carers of chuildren who love
                    hamsters there is a marvellous childrens' book by Lynn Reid Banks (author of
                    The L-shaped Room) - Houdini. I don't know if it is still in print, though.

                    Dennis

                  • Cheryl Oakes
                    Message 9 of 26 , Aug 3, 2006
                      Susan, This is great news! Go webheads.
                      Cheryl
                    • Cheryl Oakes
                      Message 10 of 26 , Aug 3, 2006
                        Thanks for some alternatives. I'll check them out. Windows Media
                        Player still won't play on Mac os X, disappointing.

                        Cheryl