Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Wimba Boards - kaput?!

  • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2 2:16 AM
      Dear Arlyn,

      I just tried my Voice Board and got the same message you did:

      Forbidden URL
      This Web page is not allowed to contain this voice application

      And just like you, no further message from Wimba after the poll, which
      I answered. It is strange!

      I totally agree with you that "Of bigger concern is the lack of
      > communication regarding the now defunct boards". I'll drop them a
      message a.s.a.p. and see what they have to say.

      BFN, Teresa

      > Has anyone received a warning from Wimba regarding
      > closing of our Wimba boards? Like all of you, I
      > received and responded to the poll, but heard no more.
      > Today, I checked my Wimba boards, and received the
      > message "Forbidden URL".> Thanks,
      > Arlyn
    • dafne Chavez
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2 6:56 AM
        You are right Arlyn, I have just checked my page and I get the same information. I was not notified about their stopping the service either. :-(
        The price might be fair for institutions, but not for individuals.
        Sadly wimbaless
        Daf,

        Arlyn Freed <aiteachesl@...> wrote: Has anyone received a warning from Wimba regarding
        closing of our Wimba boards? Like all of you, I
        received and responded to the poll, but heard no more.
        Today, I checked my Wimba boards, and received the
        message "Forbidden URL". When I visited Wimba.com and
        Wimba manager, I found that the service has been
        discontinued and will now cost $100.

        I guess this is fair, it's a great service, though
        hard to justify to already budget conscious program
        directors. Of bigger concern is the lack of
        communication regarding the now defunct boards. I
        didn't get any e-mail about the shut-down... did I
        miss something?

        Thanks,
        Arlyn

        =====
        Your new home for ESL...http://www.eslhome.com

        Syllabus:

      • aiden yeh
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2 5:45 PM
          Hello Arlyn,
          Like you, I received the notice and responded to the poll, too. But, I didn't hear from them after that, either.
          aiden
          Arlyn Freed wrote:Has anyone received a warning from Wimba regarding