Wimba Boards - kaput?!

  • Arlyn Freed
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      Has anyone received a warning from Wimba regarding
      closing of our Wimba boards? Like all of you, I
      received and responded to the poll, but heard no more.
      Today, I checked my Wimba boards, and received the
      message "Forbidden URL". When I visited Wimba.com and
      Wimba manager, I found that the service has been
      discontinued and will now cost $100.

      I guess this is fair, it's a great service, though
      hard to justify to already budget conscious program
      directors. Of bigger concern is the lack of
      communication regarding the now defunct boards. I
      didn't get any e-mail about the shut-down... did I
      miss something?

      Thanks,
      Arlyn

      =====
      Your new home for ESL...http://www.eslhome.com

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
        Dear Arlyn,

        I just tried my Voice Board and got the same message you did:

        Forbidden URL
        This Web page is not allowed to contain this voice application

        And just like you, no further message from Wimba after the poll, which
        I answered. It is strange!

        I totally agree with you that "Of bigger concern is the lack of
        > communication regarding the now defunct boards". I'll drop them a
        message a.s.a.p. and see what they have to say.

        BFN, Teresa

        > Has anyone received a warning from Wimba regarding
        > closing of our Wimba boards? Like all of you, I
        > received and responded to the poll, but heard no more.
        > Today, I checked my Wimba boards, and received the
        > message "Forbidden URL".> Thanks,
        > Arlyn
      • dafne Chavez
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
          You are right Arlyn, I have just checked my page and I get the same information. I was not notified about their stopping the service either. :-(
          The price might be fair for institutions, but not for individuals.
          Sadly wimbaless
          Daf,

          Arlyn Freed <aiteachesl@...> wrote: Has anyone received a warning from Wimba regarding
          closing of our Wimba boards? Like all of you, I
          received and responded to the poll, but heard no more.
          Today, I checked my Wimba boards, and received the
          message "Forbidden URL". When I visited Wimba.com and
          Wimba manager, I found that the service has been
          discontinued and will now cost $100.

          I guess this is fair, it's a great service, though
          hard to justify to already budget conscious program
          directors. Of bigger concern is the lack of
          communication regarding the now defunct boards. I
          didn't get any e-mail about the shut-down... did I
          miss something?

          Thanks,
          Arlyn

          =====
          Your new home for ESL...http://www.eslhome.com

          Syllabus:

        • aiden yeh
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
            Hello Arlyn,
            Like you, I received the notice and responded to the poll, too. But, I didn't hear from them after that, either.
            aiden
            Arlyn Freed wrote:Has anyone received a warning from Wimba regarding