Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Flashmeeting - Sandbox, Sunday 23rd, GMT 13:00

  • Moira Hunter
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30, 2006
      Hello Daf and Teresa,

      Thank you very much for the recording link and your comments. I've just 'caught up and watched it :-)

      Moira

      Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...> wrote: Hi, Moira!

      Do you know what I liked about Flashmeeting, apart from the clear and stable sound? The different faces on the screen. It's nice to see who is speaking. At one point there were close to a dozen, I think. They're small, but they become a bit larger when the person is speaking.

      I also liked the fact that the URLs that were projected by the speaker - you don't need to be a moderator to do it, but apparently you need to be holding the mic - opened up on a different page.

      We came to the conclusion that it's very nice for meetings, thus the name, I guess, but imho not for presentations since there isn't a whiteboard. To project web pages, there's a need to click on the URL tab, which replaces the chat window, then paste the link, and then click the chat tab to reopen the chat window. In the meantime you may have lost a bit of the message flow. I'm sure it can be done, but it will take more adjustment than if you had a whiteboard.

      My overall impression is positive. :-)

      I've added the link to the first WiA Flashmeeting session under "Online tools used".

      Hugs, Teresa