Re: [evonline2002_webheads] long url 2nd try

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2006
      Andreas,

      Let me copy what you did (enclose long URL in <URL>. It worked!!

      I knew that many people, programs put email addresses in between <...> to
      ensure that everything between the <> stays together, but hadn't realised
      that would work for an URL.

      Here the long URL, as you re-wrote it:

      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyNMU5iFx7k
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyNMU5iFx7k&mode=related&search=%22Marty%20F
      eldman%22> &mode=related&search=%22Marty%20Feldman%22>

      Still two problems, though.

      (1) The version in your email works, definitely. I've tried it three times.
      (2) The copied version in this message does NOT work - though perhaps it
      will when this becomes sent mail.
      (3) I notice there are FOUR <> in your version:

      <http:
      <http:
      (First line repeated. A mistake, or necessary?)
      URL from &mode also reĆ¼peated. A mistaake, or necessary?

      You would have thought that all email programs would have an automatic macro
      in them for enclosing long URLs in <>

      Anyway,

      Thanks once again.

      Dennis