Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Project titled "Hello from Webheads"

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 22, 2006
      Others, please do yourself a favor and view
      http://dafneusb.motime.com/.

      If you click the small white box inside that "weather" icon, in the
      middle of the page, you will reach

      <http://tinyurl.com/fpoba>

      There you will find a "trip planner".

      I wonder if this could be used as an alert function for conferences?
      especially ones with a global itinerary? (giggle giggle)...those
      sailing from, say, Auckland to Singapore might like to know what is
      the weather pattern in Singapore as they get ready to depart?

      The "trick" of course is to neatly balance tools that help to
      personalize the location (like that nice clock on Daf's site which
      tells visitors instantly the time "there",) with the intellectual
      content available from the site -- or the conference speaker.

      In a larger sense, that's what teaching is all about...using various
      "tricks" to cement lasting ideas of value.

      Thank you Daf.