Re: Fwd: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] podcasting and Odeo

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2006
      At 01:45 AM 17/07/2006, you wrote:
      >Thanks for this Michael. I can't find out how to record by phone at
      >Podomatic. Can you help?

      Sorry to be a while getting back to this John. If you sign up with K7
      http://www.k7.net/ you are given a phone number to post to. An audio
      copy of your message is sent to your Podomatic email address
      (Podmail). You can then transfer that audio, using Audacity or
      similar, to your podcasting page. That is

      1) play the phone message from your Podmail account
      2) record and save it in Audacity at the same time
      3) import into a podcast episode on your podcast page.

      So it's not automatically going to your podcast, but this way you do
      have some editorial control before it goes live

      - Michael

      PS This is how it supposed to work in theory. For the last few days I
      have not been able to use Podomatic email......the site is often
      unreliable unfortunately.