Re: [evonline2002_webheads] query

  • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 20, 2002
      Hi, Rita!

      I hope I understood you right. I usually do this in Front Page, but I
      just tried doing it in Word (having saved the docs as 'Web pages') and
      it worked.

      1. I created two docs in Word -- a mini text and a mini glossary with
      only two entries -- and saved them with two different names.

      2. Then I inserted/created a bookmark for each glossary entry and
      saved the doc.

      3. I went back to the text and created a link from each of the words
      (which became highlighted) to the glossary doc and saved the doc.

      4. When I click on the linked word (in the text), it automatically
      takes me to the word in the glossary.

      The same procedure goes for FPage.

      I am sending you a private email with both docs attached and hope it
      works but, above all, I hope that is what you meant. Let me know, ok?

      Hugs, Teresa

      > Hi, Webheads,
      > Working with texts, does anybody know how to make a link from any
      words that might be unfamiliar to stds, to a glossary page that you
      create yourself ?
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 20, 2002
        Yep, Voycabulary. It's in the footer of any Webheads in Action page, where it says "Gloss this page ... "

        You visit http://www.voycabulary.com (for some reason, it's blocked by Emirates Internet, no idea why, but this came up before .. so I can never check if it's still working)

        .. but basically you paste in some text or the url for a web page and then any word you click on can be glossed.

        Vance

        Rita Zeinstejer wrote:

        > Hi, Webheads,
        > Working with texts, does anybody know how to make a link from any words that might be unfamiliar to stds, to a glossary page that you create yourself ?
        > Thanks in advance
        > Rita

        > For more information:
        > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
        >
        > Syllabus:
        > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus.htm

      • Rita Zeinstejer
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 26, 2002
          Hi, Vance,
          Where shall we post these two assignments:

          1. How Interactive are YOUR Distance Courses? A Rubric for Assessing Interaction in Distance Learning (Roblyer & Ekhamel, 2000), located at http://www.westga.edu/~distance/roblyer32.html.
          2. .Seven Principles of Effective Teaching: A Practical Lens for Evaluating Online Courses (Graham, Cagiltay, Lim, Craner, and
          Duffy), located at: http://ts.mivu.org/default.asp?show=article&id=839

          It was clear in Nigel's message that the one on "How to be an E-learner" should be posted in the E-learner folder within E-Learner Assignments, but I'm not sure whether this is the place for the other two as well.
          Thanks a lot
          Rita

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 27, 2002
            Dear Rita:

            I missed you at TI today. Is everything all right? BTW, how are the
            newly-weds?

            Not meaning to take over for Vance, I think (after browsing through the
            different folders) that the assignments for the two texts you refer are
            meant to go in the EVonline Training 2002-03 folder, Comments on "Online
            Teaching" subfolder (bottom of the list).

            Hope this is right and helps.

            Hugs, Teresa

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 28, 2002
              Thanks,

              I got cut off from my email. and haven't been able to send email or get it for
              a while.

              So I've been off the air since yesterday, and thanks Teresa for fielding
              Rita's question.

              Vance

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 28, 2002
                Thanks, dear Tere! So sweet of you....
                You now what...I just overslept, was exhausted....
                I guess I still need some days to recover from all the stress and tension of
                so many days....And the only free day is Sunday, so I made the most of it ...

                The newly-weds phoned today from Paris, they are more than ok :-), THANKS!
                How are you ? Working a lot at this time of the year? We are drawing to the
                end of our school year now this end, so we are busy with extra exams at all
                levels, plus the International -Cambridge- , reports, meetings... But then
                come the holidays...for one whole month!
                Send you my love in a big hug
                Rita

                > Dear Rita:
                >
                > I missed you at TI today. Is everything all right? BTW, how are the
                > newly-weds?
                >
                > Not meaning to take over for Vance, I think (after browsing through the
                > different folders) that the assignments for the two texts you refer are
                > meant to go in the EVonline Training 2002-03 folder, Comments on "Online
                > Teaching" subfolder (bottom of the list).
                >
                > Hope this is right and helps.
                >
                > Hugs, Teresa
                >

                > > Hi, Vance,
                > > Where shall we post these two assignments:
                > >
                > > 1. How Interactive are YOUR Distance Courses? A Rubric for Assessing
                > Interaction in Distance Learning (Roblyer & Ekhamel, 2000), located at
                > http://www.westga.edu/~distance/roblyer32.html.
                > > 2. .Seven Principles of Effective Teaching: A Practical Lens for
                > Evaluating Online Courses (Graham, Cagiltay, Lim, Craner, and
                > > Duffy), located at: http://ts.mivu.org/default.asp?show=article&id=839
                > >
                > > It was clear in Nigel's message that the one on "How to be an E-learner"
                > should be posted in the E-learner folder within E-Learner Assignments, but
                > I'm not sure whether this is the place for the other two as well.
                > > Thanks a lot
                > > Rita

              • Rita Zeinstejer
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 25, 2004
                  Dear friends,

                  Could anybody remind me of the steps to follow to add photos to a blog in blogger.com? I have downloaded Picasa and Hello, as suggested in the program, but am at a loss to use them to insert a photo. I remember Vance once gave us some easy instructions, but can't find them either.
                  Thank you very much, and a big hug to you all,

                  Rita

                • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 25, 2004
                    Dear Rita,

                    Long time no see! How are you?

                    Here is the link I think you are looking for:

                    http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/pi/computing2/blogwork/blog_template.htm

                    If not, let us know.

                    Hugs,

                    Teresa

                    Dear friends,

                    Could anybody remind me of the steps to follow to add photos to a blog in blogger.com? . . . I remember Vance once gave us some easy instructions, but can't find them either.

                  • rita@zeinstejer.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 27, 2004
                      Dear Tere and friends,

                      First of all, thanks a lot for your quick answer. That´s what I was looking for, but still, I think Blogger.com allows for the posting of pix with the downloading of Picasa and Hello, 2 programs which work with Blogger.com. No html needed, as far as I know. However, I have already downloaded both, and do not happen to see how to go ahead...:-(( (anyone tried them?)

                      Anyhow, thanks for your concern, Tere. I'm ok, working lots of hours and preparing a new ppt presentation on the use of Chat, this time in Spanish to allow teachers of Portuguese and French to attend (btw, it´s becoming hard to translate, as all the terminology is in English !)

                      The presentation will be in October, and I'm planning to have an "encounter" with some Spanish speaking members of the group so that they can address the audience (about 400 people invited) and "show" some options, like Yahoo, or TI and, if possible, voice as well.
                      Jean Michel has already said yes, and volunteers are welcome.

                      I'll post more details once closer to the date.

                      My best regards to all,

                      Rita
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 28, 2004
                        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Rita Zeinstejer"
                        <rita@z...> wrote:
                        > Dear friends,
                        >
                        > Could anybody remind me of the steps to follow to add photos to a
                        blog in blogger.com? I have downloaded Picasa and Hello, as suggested
                        in the program, but am at a loss to use them to insert a photo. I
                        remember Vance once gave us some easy instructions, but can't find
                        them either.

                        Hi Rita,

                        Sorry about the late response. We're addressing this issue in the
                        workshops I'm giving in Tunisia right now and the pages explaining
                        this are being refined on the Internet as we speak. It's a moveable
                        feast, but you can find what you're looking for long about here:

                        http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
                        vstevens/files/efi/papers/tunisia2004/mahdia_wk2.htm#040728wed

                        I may push some of the explanation down to Thu but eventually I'll
                        put a TOC here that lists contents by topic.

                        Here are the distilled instructions:

                        There are three places you could put pictures in a blog hosted at
                        http://www.blogger.com:

                        In a Posting
                        In the Blog heading through settings
                        In the Blog side-bar through alteration of the template
                        This document shows how to change the template so that pictures would
                        appear there.
                        It has instructions on resizing pictures.
                        http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
                        vstevens/files/pi/computing2/blogwork/blog_template.htm

                        hth

                        Best,