Congrats to Hala and to Portuguese Webheads!

  • Rita Zeinstejer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
      Hi, dear all!

      I'm rushing around multitasking before my trip..., but want to send my
      most heartfelt congrats both to Hala, on her well-deserved scholarship!
      and to all Portuguese Webheads --Tere, Fernanda, Cristina and all
      others!--on their also well-deserved post they have gained through
      tough work!

      I'll be leaving on Wednesday for Russia, on a tour, and will be meeting
      Ruth Vilmi in Helsinki and Susan Nyrop in Copenhagen for a couple of
      days. A real treat!!
      I can honestly say that these encounters we have had online have
      triggered the most incredible relationships among all of us, and I find
      the experiences I've had so far, meeting Karen in the States and Tere
      in Lisbon, truly unforgettable.
      The spirit of this group, for some miraculous reason, permeates
      newcomers (or do newcomers choose to stay because they feel and share
      the spirit....?), who take in and maintain it vividly along the years...
      A proof of this? Nina Liakos! She told me she joined the Webheads this
      year , but it's as if she had been with us for years...
      In fact, she has spent hours looking for information on "what to do in
      Washington in nine hours", the time I'll be in transit on my way to the
      east. A public thank you, Nina!

      "Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together."
      And may I add, that keeps this unique world of ours going, as well.

      What a blessing to belong!!!
    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
        Dear Rita,

        Have a wonderful trip! It will certainly be unforgetful meeting so many
        Webheads in one trip!

        I'll be waiting for the photos...

        I joined the Webheads this year together with Nina, and it's amazing how
        much we've been interacting with all of you who were around before!!!

        Thanks for all the Webheads' support! I feel at home.

        Carla

        On 7/2/06, Rita Zeinstejer <rita@...> wrote:

        > Hi, dear all!
        >
        > I'm rushing around multitasking before my trip..., but want to send my
        > most heartfelt congrats both to Hala, on her well-deserved scholarship!
        > and to all Portuguese Webheads --Tere, Fernanda, Cristina and all
        > others!--on their also well-deserved post they have gained through
        > tough work!
        >
        > I'll be leaving on Wednesday for Russia, on a tour, and will be meeting
        > Ruth Vilmi in Helsinki and Susan Nyrop in Copenhagen for a couple of
        > days. A real treat!!
        > I can honestly say that these encounters we have had online have
        > triggered the most incredible relationships among all of us, and I find
        > the experiences I've had so far, meeting Karen in the States and Tere
        > in Lisbon, truly unforgettable.
        > The spirit of this group, for some miraculous reason, permeates
        > newcomers (or do newcomers choose to stay because they feel and share
        > the spirit....?), who take in and maintain it vividly along the years...
        > A proof of this? Nina Liakos! She told me she joined the Webheads this
        > year , but it's as if she had been with us for years...
        > In fact, she has spent hours looking for information on "what to do in
        > Washington in nine hours", the time I'll be in transit on my way to the
        > east. A public thank you, Nina!
        >
        > "Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together."
        > And may I add, that keeps this unique world of ours going, as well.
        >
        > What a blessing to belong!!!

      • Moira Hunter
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
          For anyone who uses the football world cup in their lessons at the moment, I have just found this blog in the USA Today site http://blogs.usatoday.com/soccersweep/ and there are other very interesting articles!!!

          I joined the Webheads at the same time as Carla and Nina ... and Carla, I totally agree with you!!! And thank you Webheads!!!! Nina and I have already been lucky and experienced a "f2f meeting" after the BaW06 session in March when she came to Paris and it was amazing.

          http://webheads-f2f.pbwiki.com/Moira%20Meets%20Nina%20in%20Paris

          Aren't you lucky to be travelling to all these places, Rita! Have a wonderful time!!!!!

          Moira

          Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:
          Dear Rita,

          Have a wonderful trip! It will certainly be unforgetful meeting so many
          Webheads in one trip!

          I'll be waiting for the photos...

          I joined the Webheads this year together with Nina, and it's amazing how
          much we've been interacting with all of you who were around before!!!

          Thanks for all the Webheads' support! I feel at home.

          Carla

          On 7/2/06, Rita Zeinstejer <rita@...> wrote:

          > Hi, dear all!
          >
          > I'm rushing around multitasking before my trip..., but want to send my
          > most heartfelt congrats both to Hala, on her well-deserved scholarship!
          > and to all Portuguese Webheads --Tere, Fernanda, Cristina and all
          > others!--on their also well-deserved post they have gained through
          > tough work!
          >
          > I'll be leaving on Wednesday for Russia, on a tour, and will be meeting
          > Ruth Vilmi in Helsinki and Susan Nyrop in Copenhagen for a couple of
          > days. A real treat!!
          > I can honestly say that these encounters we have had online have
          > triggered the most incredible relationships among all of us, and I find
          > the experiences I've had so far, meeting Karen in the States and Tere
          > in Lisbon, truly unforgettable.
          > The spirit of this group, for some miraculous reason, permeates
          > newcomers (or do newcomers choose to stay because they feel and share
          > the spirit....?), who take in and maintain it vividly along the years...
          > A proof of this? Nina Liakos! She told me she joined the Webheads this
          > year , but it's as if she had been with us for years...
          > In fact, she has spent hours looking for information on "what to do in
          > Washington in nine hours", the time I'll be in transit on my way to the
          > east. A public thank you, Nina!
          >
          > "Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together."
          > And may I add, that keeps this unique world of ours going, as well.
          >
          > What a blessing to belong!!!

        • hala fawzi
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
            Dearest Rita,
            You are "deadly" right !!!
            It could take hours and rolls of papers t o write
            about "belonging" to this group.
            Have a super trip Rita.
            Don't forget to keep "belonging"!!
            Hala