Still alive!

  • dygonza
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2002
      Dear Vance and Webheads all,
      I have been silent for a couple of weeks because I have been deeply
      engaged getting prepared for my online course. It finally started on
      June 12. I am managing three sections with 20 students each. Now, I
      really know the meaning of chaos navigation and herding cats. The
      experience is being scary and rewarding. Scary, because this is my
      first time in dealing with online courses as a teacher. It is a
      collaborative project, with two f-2-f teachers (who know nothing
      about e-moderation) so, at the same time that I am guiding the
      students, I am training the teachers. Rewarding, because the students
      are motivated and responding beyond my expectations. They are happy
      to be given this opportunity to learn about web tools, at the same
      time that they practice their English and learn about Spanish
      Modernist Architecture, according to their own comments. They are
      chatting with me at the oddest hours you can think of, due to the six-
      hour difference between Spain and Venezuela.
      As usual, becoming a member of the Yahoo Group has been quite a chaos
      with 19-20 year-old students who want things "here and now".
      I am being very flexible with deadlines, since the connections has
      proven to be very slow in most cases. I have sent personal feedback
      messages to those students who have already finished the activities
      planned for the first week. I am trying to use all the e-moderating
      strategies learned during our EVOnline sessions under the guidance of
      our Super-Great-Wonderful-Awsome-Cyber Vance.
      I really want to thank Vance and all Webheads for teaching me all
      what I now know about e-moderation and webtools.
      A big hug for you all :-)
      Daf
    • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2002
        Dear Daf:

        I'm very glad that you're still alive, well and very enthusiastic!

        Your students don't know how lucky they are to have such a committed
        teacher as you! Just as we were with "our
        Super-Great-Wonderful-Awsome-Cyber Vance"!

        Hope everything continues as expected! No doubt it will! But. . . take
        care of yourself!

        Hugs, Tereesa