RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Digest Number 136

  • cbauer-ramazani@smcvt.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2002
      The "Makers" are great little authoring templates for web quizzes that I've
      used in all my CALL courses. However, there was a message posted on the
      LLTI listserv that the hosting of this site would be discontinued. I'm not
      sure when this will happen, but I was very disappointed about this news.

      Christine
      Christine Bauer-Ramazani
      Saint Michael's College phone: (802)654-2642
      Colchester, VT 05439-0253 fax: (802)654-2595

      home page: http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani
      online CALL course: http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/CALL.htm

      From: aiden yeh <aidenyeh@...>
      2. apologies
      From: Vance Stevens <vstevens@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:27:58 -0700 (PDT)
      From: aiden yeh <aidenyeh@...>
      Subject: webexercises

      Hello Webheads. I found this great site on web exercises.
      http://lang.swarthmore.edu/makers/index.htm

      you could do cloze, matching, etc.

      enjoy!

      aiden

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:31:24 +0400
      From: Vance Stevens <vstevens@...>
      Subject: apologies

      Hi everyone,

      Apologies are required. First of all some fiber optic company workers
      in Europe who have been working without pay have decided to walk off the
      job today disrupting Internet services for many European users. In
      particular, Lenka is unable to reach her Netmeeting URL today, so her
      session is postponed until June 20 (Thu) at 9 a.m. GMT.

      At the proposed time for Lenka's session, I'll be online and I'll visit
      Tapped In at that time.

      Second apology, about Sunday, I have a pretty good attendance record
      over the past 3 years, and I usually know in advance when I won't be
      able to attend, but I was called away last Sunday to travel to a city in
      the UAE 2 hours distant and I didn't return to Abu Dhabi until 5 p.m. or
      13:00 GMT. I got online shortly thereafter and found BJB and Ying Lan
      still online (but not really) and I chatted with Susanne a while. But I
      had by then missed the party, and was just there for the cleanup.

      I am working on the logs however and they should be up later today.

      Apologies also for cross postings. Any suggestions about what to do
      about the multiple lists (if you get multiple copies of this?).