apologies

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      Apologies are required. First of all some fiber optic company workers
      in Europe who have been working without pay have decided to walk off the
      job today disrupting Internet services for many European users. In
      particular, Lenka is unable to reach her Netmeeting URL today, so her
      session is postponed until June 20 (Thu) at 9 a.m. GMT.

      At the proposed time for Lenka's session, I'll be online and I'll visit
      Tapped In at that time.

      Second apology, about Sunday, I have a pretty good attendance record
      over the past 3 years, and I usually know in advance when I won't be
      able to attend, but I was called away last Sunday to travel to a city in
      the UAE 2 hours distant and I didn't return to Abu Dhabi until 5 p.m. or
      13:00 GMT. I got online shortly thereafter and found BJB and Ying Lan
      still online (but not really) and I chatted with Susanne a while. But I
      had by then missed the party, and was just there for the cleanup.

      I am working on the logs however and they should be up later today.

      Apologies also for cross postings. Any suggestions about what to do
      about the multiple lists (if you get multiple copies of this?).

      Vance
    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2002
        Dear Daf and Tere,

        I'm so sorry I had to leave TI last night without saying goodbye. My husband, who just got back from a 36-hour on call gave me the "look", so I took it as a 'pack up, honey and go to bed' sign :-) Thanks to you two for taking the snapshots. How long did you stay up waiting?

        Anyway, I'll see you whenever.

        ciao,

        aiden

      • Michael Coghlan
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2002
          At 05:38 PM 4/09/2002 -0700, you wrote:

          >Dear Daf and Tere,
          >
          >I'm so sorry I had to leave TI last night without saying goodbye. My
          >husband, who just got back from a 36-hour on call gave me the "look", so I
          >took it as a 'pack up, honey and go to bed' sign :-)

          This made me smile Aiden. I wonder if you could send us a photo of this look???

          - Michael.
        • Aiden Yeh
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2002
            LOL, Michael. Haven't you seen the "dismay and tired of waiting look" in your lifetime? Sigh. I've become a computer addict and there are times, I really have to let it go. We've got 3 computers in the house, one for my children (now, this sometimes cause chaos and havoc among my children-should I buy 1 for each), one for me and my husband (or whoever lands on it first) and a laptop (for the one who did not get the desktop first). Really! Have we all become so attached to technology that we become computer freaks, instead?
            Aiden
            Michael Coghlan wrote:At 05:38 PM 4/09/2002 -0700, you wrote:

            >Dear Daf and Tere,
            >
            >I'm so sorry I had to leave TI last night without saying goodbye. My
            >husband, who just got back from a 36-hour on call gave me the "look", so I
            >took it as a 'pack up, honey and go to bed' sign :-)

            This made me smile Aiden. I wonder if you could send us a photo of this look???

            - Michael.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Syllabus:

          • Nicky Hockly
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5 11:39 PM
              Dear list members,

              Please accept my apologies, and thanks for pointing this out Elisabeth. I'd hate to be responsibe for spam!
              :-)

              Regards,
              Nicky Hockly

              From: Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <ehansonsmi@...>
              Subject: Re: no adverts please!

              Dear Nicky--
              this may be a really good course, but I don't think
              it is appropriate to advertise a non-free or non-share
              course on this group. To me it's just more spam.
              Anyone else have an opinion on this?
              --Elizabeth