Online events calendar, and a reminder

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      The following is from my online events calendar at http://www.vancestevens.com/online_events.htm

      If interested, contact Lenka, or I'm sure just turning up on the day would be alright too ...

      Friday June 7, 2002 from 9 a.m. GMT and again June 10-th at the same time - Lenka Bucherov√°, Brno University of Technology in the Czech Republic, teaches interactive On-line lessons focused on summaries and article writing and CVs using Netmeeting. The above topics are discussed on-line, course participants can hear each other if they have sound cards and headsets, and are taught with the support of Whiteboard. The multiple-user sound and whiteboard support are courtesy of Eric Baber, one of our Webhead members in London, who has set up a Netmeeting facility that accommodates multiple users. Lenka will prepare all the teaching materials - teachers welcome to participate and encouraged to experience firsthand how online teaching works. Please let Lenka know if interested and when you would like to test your connection and in which of the following lessons you are going to participate: June 7-th 9.a.m. GMT, June 10-th 9 a.m. GMT or 3 p.m. GMT, June 14-th 9.a.m. GMT or 3 p.m. GMT - bucherova@.... For more information write Lenka or see http://www.fch.vutbr.cz/~lenka, Friendly Mail Box / ON-line writing course

      ****Instructions for the students**** - Go to http://www.netlearnlanguages.com/room7 and click the first button there. Wait until that connection has been made. - Click the second button and wait until your teacher has accepted your call. You are now in the lesson! When the Whiteboard opens - click on the white arrow in the upper left-hand corner and write into the chat box "I am here" etc. There Lenka will give you further instructions.

      Vance

      p.s. This event cuts it close this Friday with another activity I have planned for that day. I will join in if I am able.