Skypecast at 3:30 GMT Tuesday (June 13) in PanChiao Senior High School, Taiwan

  • Venny Sou
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 10, 2006
      Dear Webheads:

      I'm going to present Moodle for teachers in a senior high school at around 2:30 ~ 4:00 GMT on June 13. I hope to take this opportunity to introduce Webheads to them if possible. I've create a skypecast from 2:00~4:00 GMT Tuesday. If you're free at that time, please show up and tell us your webheads experience.
      The skypecast is at: https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/skypecast/detailed.html?id_talk=10306

      Thanks!

      The heart of education is made up of two elements:
      love and a willingness to set an example for children.

      Su, Cheng-chao
      http://www.opensource.idv.tw/
      http://TaiMOO.ntjcpa.edu.tw:7000/
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 10, 2006
        Hi everyone,

        From Mugla to Bow New Hampshire, Webheads are there. This Sunday at 1400
        GMT we have an interview of sorts with Jeff LeBow (and Dave Cormier if he
        wants to join us, and anyone else on the Worldbridges team). Dave has
        already done an infamous interview podcast with Jeff and actually it was
        that interview where Jeff put forward his master plan as it were that got me
        thinking it would be interesting to get those ideas out there by making
        Worldbridges the focus of my next On the Internet column for TESL-EJ. But
        knowing Jeff, I figured to get him to articulate I'd have to emulate the
        interview format, so I sent him a written set of questions which he has
        promised to address and post somewhere, possibly just moments before the
        show, and discuss these with Webheads, for the purpose of putting together
        an article that will appear in the next online issue of TESL-EJ.

        If you'd like to participate in this truly multimedia event then join us for
        the show. Webheads begin as usual at noon GMT in Tapped In, and at 1400
        we'll move over to the skypcast here:

        https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/skypecast/detailed.html?message=talk_updated&id_talk=10117

        Previous skypecasts are available at http://vennysu.podomatic.com and at
        http://www.worldbridges.net Hope to see you there,

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 10, 2006
          Hello All,

          Well, I've procrastinated to the best of my abilities, but bedtime
          is here and I promised Vance I'd have something online before turning
          in. I haven't answered all of the questions Vance sent me (look
          forward to discussing them during the webcast), but did revamp the
          'About Worldbridges' page at http://worldbridges.net/About_Worldbridges
          It's still very much an incomplete draft, but there should be some new
          details, especially in the 'Financial & Organizational Structure'
          section.

          Among other things, I very much look forward to discussing
          EFLBridges tomorrow. As I type this, I am listening to Graham's live
          skypecast with EFL learners from around the world. Many possibilities.

          Thanks again to Vance and the Webheads for all your interest and
          participation in Worldbridges.
          Looking forward to the WebheadCast.

          Good night from Bow,
          Jeff

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 11, 2006
            I've put my interview questions for Jeff here:

            Dave Cormier has just joined us at the skypecast so he will be
            interviewed as well:

            Here are the questions:

            http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/papers/tesl-ej/06june/worldbridges_interview.htm

            Vance

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "jefflebow"
            <jefflebow@...> wrote:

            > Hello All,
            >
            > Well, I've procrastinated to the best of my abilities, but bedtime
            > is here and I promised Vance I'd have something online before turning
            > in. I haven't answered all of the questions Vance sent me (look
            > forward to discussing them during the webcast), but did revamp the
            > 'About Worldbridges' page at http://worldbridges.net/About_Worldbridges
            > It's still very much an incomplete draft, but there should be some new
            > details, especially in the 'Financial & Organizational Structure'
            > section.
            >
            > Among other things, I very much look forward to discussing
            > EFLBridges tomorrow. As I type this, I am listening to Graham's live
            > skypecast with EFL learners from around the world. Many possibilities.
            >
            > Thanks again to Vance and the Webheads for all your interest and
            > participation in Worldbridges.
            > Looking forward to the WebheadCast.
            >
            > Good night from Bow,
            > Jeff
            >
            > <vstevens@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi everyone,
            > >
            > > From Mugla to Bow New Hampshire, Webheads are there. This Sunday at
            > 1400
            > > GMT we have an interview of sorts with Jeff LeBow (and Dave Cormier
            > if he
            > > wants to join us, and anyone else on the Worldbridges team). Dave
            has
            > > already done an infamous interview podcast with Jeff and actually it
            > was
            > > that interview where Jeff put forward his master plan as it were
            > that got me
            > > thinking it would be interesting to get those ideas out there by
            making
            > > Worldbridges the focus of my next On the Internet column for
            > TESL-EJ. But
            > > knowing Jeff, I figured to get him to articulate I'd have to emulate
            > the
            > > interview format, so I sent him a written set of questions which
            he has
            > > promised to address and post somewhere, possibly just moments before
            > the
            > > show, and discuss these with Webheads, for the purpose of putting
            > together
            > > an article that will appear in the next online issue of TESL-EJ.
            > >
            > > If you'd like to participate in this truly multimedia event then
            > join us for
            > > the show. Webheads begin as usual at noon GMT in Tapped In, and at
            > 1400
            > > we'll move over to the skypcast here:

            https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/skypecast/detailed.html?message=talk_updated&id_talk=10117

            > > Previous skypecasts are available at http://vennysu.podomatic.com
            > and at
            > > http://www.worldbridges.net Hope to see you there,
            > >
            > > Vance

          • Buthaina Al-Othman
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 11, 2006
              Hello, Webheads,

              Vance, Jeff, and Arthur are webcasting now. Please join us if you are
              free at this moment in the Chat Room of WebheadsinAction.org at:
              http://webheadsinaction.org/chat

              Will provide you with the URL of today's Webheads' Skypecast once
              you're there or check Vance's message below that has the URL.

              Hope to see as many of you there :)

              Cheers!

              Buth
              ---------------

              In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Vance Stevens <vstevens@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi everyone,
              >
              > From Mugla to Bow New Hampshire, Webheads are there. This Sunday at
              1400
              > GMT we have an interview of sorts with Jeff LeBow (and Dave Cormier
              if he
              > wants to join us, and anyone else on the Worldbridges team). Dave has
              > already done an infamous interview podcast with Jeff and actually it
              was
              > that interview where Jeff put forward his master plan as it were
              that got me
              > thinking it would be interesting to get those ideas out there by making
              > Worldbridges the focus of my next On the Internet column for
              TESL-EJ. But
              > knowing Jeff, I figured to get him to articulate I'd have to emulate
              the
              > interview format, so I sent him a written set of questions which he has
              > promised to address and post somewhere, possibly just moments before
              the
              > show, and discuss these with Webheads, for the purpose of putting
              together
              > an article that will appear in the next online issue of TESL-EJ.
              >
              > If you'd like to participate in this truly multimedia event then
              join us for
              > the show. Webheads begin as usual at noon GMT in Tapped In, and at
              1400
              > we'll move over to the skypcast here:

              https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/skypecast/detailed.html?message=talk_updated&id_talk=10117

              > Previous skypecasts are available at http://vennysu.podomatic.com
              and at
              > http://www.worldbridges.net Hope to see you there,
              >
              > Vance
              >
              > Vance

            • Lee Baber
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 12, 2006
                http://web.mac.com/lbaber/iWeb/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html

                Dear Webheads,
                I am just sending out a message saying that I updated my podcast and
                wanted to pass it on for anyone interested in seeing it. I had some
                technical problems with the rss feed not working and all the entries
                not showing up. I am afraid I still have the problem that some people
                can not listen because it is quicktime playback. So, please let me
                know if you can access it alright. I need to keep chipping away at it
                till the majority can easily subscribe and be able to access all the
                data.
                I enjoyed the webcast Sunday. I did not get to listen all the way
                through but of course the beauty of it is I can go back and listen to
                it. I am finally a member of the new site and will subscribe to the
                webcasts. I love it!
                Thanks everyone for your hard work.
                Lee

                My Podcast - CompTech8 and SpaceCast (combined for now! with some
                student work for fun)

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 13, 2006
                  Hi, Lee!

                  I'm listening to your podcasts - #3 at this time - and haven't had any trouble with Quick Time.

                  Maybe some of the problems with Quick Time for some people result from not having downloaded QT. One other thing you can do is go to Windows Media Player (WMP) and click Tools > File Types, and select them all.

                  Hope this can be of some help.

                  Great job with your Comp Tech students, Lee! Congrats to you and your students!!!

                  I'm including this page in our WiA Index under Podcasts. Is that ok?

                  Hugs, Teresa

                • Isabel
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 15, 2006
                    Dear Lee,

                    Your podcast is really great.I loved the animation.I´m really
                    interested in clay animation and I´d love to learn how to work with it.

                    Isabel
                  • Lee Baber
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 16, 2006
                      Hi Isabel,

                      I am definitely going to produce a little video screen-cast
                      tutorial for how to do that type of claymation since you expressed an
                      interest. Thank you for going to see my podcast series and
                      commenting. You are the first comment I have gotten and I started
                      posting my podcast series in January! I will let the list know when I
                      get the tutorial published on a webpage. I am at a wedding for my
                      niece in Northhampton Mass right now so I will get busy after I
                      return home to Virginia.
                      Lee

                      On Jun 15, 2006, at 8:48 PM, Isabel wrote:

                      > Dear Lee,
                      >
                      > Your podcast is really great.I loved the animation.I´m really
                      > interested in clay animation and I´d love to learn how to work with
                      > it.
                      >
                      > Isabel

                      Lee Baber
                      lbaber@...
                      Computer, Art, & Banjo

                    • María Claudia Bellusci
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 17, 2006
                        Although I was willing to see Lee's podcast about clay animation, all I got was a black square box and some background music. Do you happen to know why I can't see it?

                        Claudia
                        BTW, did you say yesterday's Argentina's victory over Serbia and Montenegro 6-0?

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 18, 2006
                          Oh Lee,

                          This will be wonderful! Thanks for taking your time to prepare the
                          tutorial!

                          Hugs,

                          Isabel
                        • Lee Baber
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 1, 2006
                            Claudia,
                            I think you need to check a few things to see whats up with my
                            claymation. First, are you updated on your free verison of quicktime
                            player? Here is the link to check to download the newest player. The
                            other thing that happened to me is when I downloaded it on my iPod, I
                            had to open it in video Podcast...then it played. It only shows the
                            first frame when it is on my iPod or mp3player as a podcast instead
                            of a video podcast.
                            I may not have it uploaded correctly either. I need to go see what is
                            going on and make sure I have it done right. Let me know if you do
                            get it to work.
                            Thanks,
                            Lee

                            On Jun 17, 2006, at 12:31 PM, María Claudia Bellusci wrote:

                            > Although I was willing to see Lee's podcast about clay animation,
                            > all I got was a black square box and some background music. Do you
                            > happen to know why I can't see it?
                            >
                            > Claudia
                            > BTW, did you say yesterday's Argentina's victory over Serbia and
                            > Montenegro 6-0?

                            Lee Baber
                            lbaber@...
                            Computer, Art, & Banjo