Re: [evonline2002_webheads] One month behind, lots to catch up with

    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2002
      Nice to hear from both of you.

      One of these days I might get some logs caught up. I've got lots of screen
      shots from our sessions. Once I do that I'll add your description.

      Glad you got together and I look forward to continued collaboration with all
      Webheads in our community of practice.

      Vance

      susannenyrop wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > sorry for posting the previous message with a one month delay.
      > The reason is that it has been stored in my home computer and
      > was sent when I finally got back home from my one month
      > working holiday in Portugal, with a few exceptions an internet-
      > free month, so guess who has got a lot of work to do, just
      > reading emails and searching interesting links, like I used to do
      > ;;-).
      >
      > Besides, this month has brought me a close friendship as well
      > as a professional interrelationship with Teresa, as we were
      > living in Cascais just five or six train stops from her home town,
      > Parede. As you may well know, Teresa and I have cooperated a
      > lot online here in the Webheads in Action, and now also
      > unplugged, face to face. We managed to get together for one
      > Sunday session and visit Tapped In in the webheads hour, with
      > my laptop connected, and also experimenting with Teresa's
      > webcam with Dafne and Vance.
      >
      > During all our wonderful dinner and coffee meetings, as well as
      > my visit to Teresa's middle school in Parede, our lively
      > discussions came through many interesting aspects of learning
      > and teaching, with as well as without the help of computers.
      >
      > In a while, when we are both ready, we plan to pass some of
      > those questions to this community, but for the time being, we
      > both have exams to prepare and that's all for now :-)
      >
      > hugs, Sus (back home in Denmark)

      > For more information:
      > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
      >
      > Syllabus:
      > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus.htm

    • dygonza
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2002
        Welcome back Sus! We missed you a lot around here. Are you going to
        post some pictures of your trip? Hope so!
        hugs and kisses,
        Daf

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., Vance Stevens <vstevens@e...>

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Susanne Nyrop
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2002
          Dear Daf!

          Yes, of course I plan to post some of my best pictures from Cascais,
          Parede and Lisbon, with thoughtful comments. I just delivered the
          films for development today; unfortunately I have not upgraded to a
          digital solution yet, so the pics will have to wait for a scanning
          procedure. I missed my Webheads connection, especially you, a lot, as
          well, although Teresa was so kind to print out some of your chat
          meetings and hand me them while we were waiting for our dinner at one
          of her favorite Cascais restaurants (now also mine).

          It has been quite thought provoking to me, how much I have become
          dependant on my everyday internet community relations and
          information, as well as the printer; although I brought my smart
          laptop filled up with notes and already half way written stuff, it
          was not that easy to establish a pleasant and quiet working space and
          get into a daily routine. Now that I am back home in my normal
          surroundings and nice facilities, it feel much more natural to get
          along with the writing - although the green green garden full of
          weeds, the huge lots of laundry and the homely kitchen is taking some
          of my attention, as well as the need to get in touch with the
          grandbabies (hopefully next weekend).