please vote for the best radio commercial (aiden's english ad class)

  • Aiden Yeh
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2006
      Apologies for cross-postings.

      The students in my English Advertising Class have created radio commercial studies for (1) Mamamia Restaurant Opening (Italian rest.) and (2) Autotronics Trade Show (details of the project are available at
      http://english-ad.blogspot.com/2006/04/task-project-radio-commercials.html

      The students are divided into groups and they were required to come up with a 60-second comml, 30-sec, and a 15-sec commercial.

      I think all of them did a good job in producing their own radio commercials (using Audacity). I told them that I will be asking friends and colleagues to vote for the best radio commercial. They are excited to know what the results are. This would motivate them to do a better job for their TV commercial project which will be due in a month.

      So, I'm calling for your help, once again, to help my class decide which radio commercial for 60-sec, 30-sec, and 15-sec commercial is the best.

      The audio files can be streamed online and/or downloaded to your hard drive. The audio files are short, 15 sec, 30 sec, and 60- sec (multiplied by 6 groups). Streaming the files is easier.

      You can also pass this url to your colleagues so I can gather as many votes as possible. http://english-ad.blogspot.com/

      Written or audio comments are welcome (Leave comments on blogger).

      Thank you all and I look forward to seeing your votes.

      bezos,

      aiden yeh

    • e-learning
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2006
        Aiden Yeh,
        I loved to listen to your students. They did a fantastic job!!!
        How long did it take them to produce the commercials?
        I found it difficult just to just pick one to give my vote to!
        Best regards
        Christel
[...]

        Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

      • Aiden Yeh
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2006
          Christel, Cristina, Ana and to all those who voted (apologies if I can't remember all the names who left messages on my blog :-( ), many thanks for taking the time to listen and vote. Your comments are words of insipiration for my students.

          Christel, they had 2 weeks to prepare for their projects. We had a workshop on using audacity and downloading music from freeplay.com before they worked on their projects. This is the only way to make sure that they know what resources are available for them to use and giving them time to know how audacity works and getting use to it.

          This thursday, we'll be having our workshop on using windows movie maker. I'm thinking of using camtasia but it could be a little difficult to use.

          For Mac people, I've heard that the audio files don't work at all. I don't know how to resolve this problem but I would like to know how.

          The codes that I use for the media player should work for Windows media and quick time. The codes are set to automatically search for your media player settings and play the audio using those settings.

          aiden

          e-learning <chris.schneider@...> wrote:
[...]

          Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

        • Chrissan
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2006
            Aiden, I have left my votes on your blog! Your students (and you!)
            have made a great job there. I had a lot of difficulties to choose my
            winning one and I admit I felt somewhat partial to the ones using
            Swedish ABBA's Mamma Mia as their sound track!
            Cheers,
            /Chrissan
          • Aiden Yeh