Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: literature on online communities

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 21, 2006
      Sorry I'm late responding to this but in response to Buth's posting I was
      updating the link on my communities page and notice that there might be more
      information of interest to you here:

      http://www.vancestevens.com/communities.htm

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24, 2006
        Many thanks Vance and Buth and all the others who sent me links to
        resources.

        Sophie

        From: "Barbara Chap" <barbara.chap@...>
        2. Has anybody seen Jesus Christ Superstar (2000 ) ?
        From: "Susana Canelo" <susana_canelo@...>
        3. setting a date for Webheads Room at Learning Times
        From: "Teresa Almeida d'Eca" <tmvaz@...>
        4. Re: Re: literature on online communities
        From: Vance Stevens <vstevens@...>
        5. blogging project
        From: "(Seyyedeh) Susan Marandi" <susanmarandi@...>
        6. A Picassa question
        From: "Dennis Newson" <djn@...>
        7. Re: Vance's webcast etc
        From: "Vance Stevens" <vstevens@...>
        8. Call for presentations, May 17 Tutor/Mentor eConference hosted by
        IUPUI
        From: Dan Bassill <tutormentor2@...>
        9. Thank You
        From: Michael Coghlan <michaelc@...>
        10. Mensaje para WEBHEADS hispanófonos o hispanoparlantes : Conferencia
        en línea
        From: "Jean Michel Chaupart" <jchaupart@...>

        Message: 1
        Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:02:28 +0200
        From: "Barbara Chap" <barbara.chap@...>
        Subject: Michael's promotion

        Dear Michael,

        This is a wonderful promotion! It's good to have your grandchildren when
        you're young (my first came when I was 49) because your grandchildren learn
        that grandparents don't sit in rocking chairs and dodder around, but they
        are active and technologically cool.

        Barb

        Message: 1
        Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 10:44:36 +0930
        From: Michael Coghlan <michaelc@...>
        Subject: I've been promoted!

        Yes I am now a grandfather ;-), and I'm only 51! But if feels great.
        My daughter-in-law had a baby boy last Tuesday. He is of course very
        cute and everyone is well and happy. You can see a pic of little Luc at
        http://mikecogh.blogspot.com/2006/04/luc-luya-waye.html

        - Michael

        Message: 2
        Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 00:04:57 -0000
        From: "Susana Canelo" <susana_canelo@...>
        Subject: Has anybody seen Jesus Christ Superstar (2000 ) ?

        Hello Webheads:

        I remember when I took part of BAW 2006 and Blogging 2006, it was
        amazing. What a collaborative community !!!
        Everybody tried to help me. I didn't know anything and I'm still trying
        to learn.
        Nowadays I'm in Learningwithcomputer by Gladys Baya.

        With all that inspiration my students made a blog about JCS, the famous
        rock opera. They enjoyed it a lot and made very simple comparisons with
        the Gospels(they aren't experts, just teens)

        http://easdelvalle06.blogspot.com/

        It would be great if somebody visited the blog and left a comments.
        TIA

        Susana

        Message: 3
        Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:57:46 +0100
        From: "Teresa Almeida d'Eca" <tmvaz@...>
        Subject: setting a date for Webheads Room at Learning Times

        Hi, everyone!

        TESOL's Technology Advisory Committee (TAC), of which Bee, Christine
        Bauer-Ramazani and I are members, would like to use the Webheads' Room at
        Learning Times for a meeting to have other TAC members explore the tool and
        see its potential for webcasts.

        The meeting will be held next Wednesday, April 26, at 19:30 GMT, if there
        isn't any incompatibility with a previous Webhead appointment.

        Vance and all other members, will anyone be using the Webheads Room on this
        date and time? If so, please let me or Christine know "off list" asap so we
        can make different arrangements for TAC. Thanks in advance.

        Hugs all, Teresa

        Message: 4

        > Here is a link to Community of Practice Resources, by Dr. Elizabeth
        > Hanson-Smith:
        >
        > <http://webpages.csus.edu/%7Ehansonsm/CoP_Resources.html>
        >
        > Hope this is helpful,
        >
        > Buth
        > -------------
        >

        > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Sophie and Yiannis"
        > <yiansoph@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi everyone
        >>
        >> I would appreciate it if anyone can direct me towards literature on
        > online
        >> communites.

        Message: 5
        Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 08:45:27 -0000
        From: "(Seyyedeh) Susan Marandi" <susanmarandi@...>
        Subject: blogging project

        (Sorry for cross-posting.)

        Hello all,

        This term I've finally started blogging with my Essay Writing
        Class! This is my first experience of classroom blogging and I am a
        total newbie; still, it's been lots of fun for us all so far! :-)

        Anyway, I would really appreciate it **very** much if any of you
        could spend a few minutes to check out their blogs, or if you could
        ask your students to leave comments. This group is *not* one of the
        best classes I've had so far, but blogging has made them much more
        energetic than they are generally known to be, so I'd like to keep
        them motivated as long as possible! I know they will be delighted
        to receive comments, if you do have time. If you are interested,
        you can check out my blog at the following URL:

        http://susanmarandi.blogspot.com

        Looking forward to having you drop in!

        Warm wishes from Iran,
        Susan Marandi @>---;-

        Message: 6
        Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:06:20 +0200
        From: "Dennis Newson" <djn@...>
        Subject: A Picassa question

        A Picassa question.

        I have two PCs - oldPC (won't go on the internet) and newPC. I have Picassa
        installed on both and want to transfer all the photos on Picassa oldPC to
        newPC.

        I get the impression, though, that Picassa does not store all the photos in
        files, but just builds links to whereever they are saved on the hard disk.

        Question 1 Is that right?
        Question 2 How can I get the whole of Picassa on oldPC on to newPC?

        I still hope that I will be able to give help to someone on this list one
        day!

        Dennis
        --

        Dennis Newson (retired)
        University Osnabrück

        Message: 7
        Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:30:02 -0000
        From: "Vance Stevens" <vstevens@...>
        Subject: Re: Vance's webcast etc

        Hi everyone,

        This is a quick message to thank everyone who participated in any of
        the presentations series that I managed to work into three
        conferences, each with minor variation (Rae was especially
        assiduous, coming to both webcasts, thanks Rae).

        For each presentation, I kept the handout URL the same:

        http://tinyurl.com/m4ow6

        At the handout location you will find

        - The urls I used to reference and illustrate the numerous points
        made

        - The ppt slides I showed for all three presentations. The most
        complete one is the last one, the SQU set of slides

        - The recordings made when webcasting two of the presentations. I
        think the best for listening is the one I gave for METSMaC because
        it was more manageable than the one presented in the lecture theatre
        at SQU, plus I had more time for setup (on wireless during the
        preceding presentation) and therefore I actually got through the
        entire talk somewhat cohesively.

        The one at SQU went well from an audience perspective but it was
        difficult to manage from a laptop with a snake cam and speaking into
        a headphone speaker while holding a mic to talk to the audience as
        well. The lighting was poor, so I switched on the OHP next to the
        lectern to get light on the speaker and got strange effects. Also,
        presenting live you get lags on the web tours that pop right up on
        the recording but not at the time. Anyway, all the links are on the
        playlist.

        Apologies also that I wasn't more interactive with the online
        audience. Michael was there to moderate and he handled the online
        text chat for me. The talk started late as it followed a plenary
        but wound up pretty much on time, so I was pressed for time in
        addition to waffling on and on, as you can hear in the recording.

        It's all linked from http://tinyurl.com/m4ow6

        Hope you enjoy it, and thanks again all who were there, or who
        listen in from this point ...

        Message: 8
        Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 08:50:24 -0600
        From: Dan Bassill <tutormentor2@...>
        Subject: Call for presentations, May 17 Tutor/Mentor eConference hosted by
        IUPUI

        To Webheads and on-line learning friends,

        Since 1994 the Tutor/Mentor Connection has been hosting May and November
        conferences in Chicago to encourage the growth of volunteer-based
        tutoring/mentoring programs in neighborhoods with high rates of poverty, too
        many poorly performing schools, and a lack of interest or involvement from
        too many leaders.

        The May 25 and 26, 2006 Chicago conference is supported by a series of
        on-line forums, which begin on May 2. The organization of this is not
        nearly as sophisticated as the Webheads convergence of last November, but I
        feel it offers a wide range of opportunities for people concerned with these
        issues to connect and learn from others in a variety of on-line forums.
        While the face to face conference is in Chicago, the application of these
        ideas can be in any major city in the world. I hope you'll take a look at
        the eConference schedule and help us draw participants to the discussions.
        The web site is http://www.tutormentorconference.bigstep.com/generic54.html

        Call for Presenters for May 17 event:
        On May 17 University College at IUPUI will host a series of on-line
        workshops and I invite you to help us fill the schedule. We have two goals:
        a) we want to teach on-line learning and collaboration concepts so that more
        people will join in this on-line community in the future; b) we want to
        teach organizations strategies that make them more effective businesses of
        operating a non profit tutor/mentor program. This means we need to teach
        effective marketing, fund raising, evaluation and management, as well as
        on-line learning and collaboration.

        If you are willing to make a presentation on one of these topics, or if you
        know of others who are interested and willing, please visit the May 17
        eConference page at http://econference.uc.iupui.edu/ for details. Email
        your presentation ideas to :

        Nathan Byrer Technology Director nsbyrer@... 317-274-5609

        Nathan Harris Director - Upward Bound natharri@...
        317-278-1925

        If you'd like to discuss a presentation idea, or if you are hosting on-line
        discussions related to this topic, which you'd like me to add to our
        eConference Schedule, email me at tutormentor2@.... Please
        forward this
        call for presentations to other e-lists that you participate in.

        Thank you,

        Daniel F. Bassill
        Tutor/Mentor Connection
        800 W. Huron
        Chicago, Il. 60622
        312-492-9614

        Message: 9
        Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:08:36 +0930
        From: Michael Coghlan <michaelc@...>
        Subject: Thank You

        I have just left a note in my blog to this effect but some of you
        posted your notes of congratulation here - thank you to all those
        who wrote congratulating me on becoming a grandfather. Luc was around
        for dinner tonight and is doing fine. Now 13 days old.... :-)

        Thanks again,

        - Michael

        Message: 10
        Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:07:44 -0000
        From: "Jean Michel Chaupart" <jchaupart@...>
        Subject: Mensaje para WEBHEADS hispanófonos o hispanoparlantes : Conferencia
        en línea

        El próximo Miércoles 3 de Mayo , entre las 21h y 23h GMT (4 a 6pm
        Colombia), vamos a tener una conferencia 100% en línea dentro del
        marco de la Semana del Idioma de la Universidad Industrial de
        Santander, en Bucaramanga, Colombia, con la presencia a distancia de
        nuestras eminentes y nunca lo suficientemente ponderadas colegas y
        amigas Teresa Almeida d'Eça, Dafne Gonzalez, Barbara Dieu y Rita
        Zeinstejer.
        Uno de los objetivos básicos es dar a conocer la comunidad de
        aprendizaje WEBHEADS a la vez que generar el llamado "factor OUAH!..."

        ¿Le gustaría acompañarnos e intervenir con un saludo en línea? ¿O
        sencillamente escuchar la conferencia?

        Más información en : http://jchaupart.bloki.com
        Preinscripción obligatoria a mi dirección : jchaupart@...

        Jean Michel Chaupart