Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Tampa - a photostory, and Sunday noon GMT

  • vstevens@emirates.net.ae
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2006
      I've not played with Photostory myself but my son made a good one after
      a trek our family did in Ladakh a few years back. Venny was kind enough
      to link it from the first page of his Moodle at
      http://www.opensource.idv.tw/moodle/. He's also got the TESOL one
      there, and Bee's narrative.

      I just wanted to mention as I was reminded recently that uh oh a Sunday
      slipped by me, I'm in the Philippines at the moment on a short break. I
      was at a wedding near Manila last Sunday in fact, not near any obvious
      Internet link. Now I've traveled with the wedding party to Sabang on
      Mindoro where I'm keeping underwater as much as possible.

      I'll be back in Abu Dhabi next Saturday insha'allah and will see you
      guys as usual at http://www.tappedin.org from noon GMT next Sunday.
      What's happening at Worldbridges on that day?

      From: Barbara Dieu <bwjdieu@...>
      Date: Saturday, April 1, 2006 4:36 am
      Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Tampa - a photostory

      > I have created a short personal narrative with music on photostory
      > some time
      > ago.
      > http://bdieu.wordpress.com/2006/01/09/sharing-a-personal-narrative/
      >
      > Some good links to story-telling , how to and examples can be found
      > at:http://del.icio.us/tag/digitalstorytelling
      > Warm regards from Brazil,
      > Bee
      >
      > Barbara Dieu
      > http://dekita.org
      > http://bdieu.wordpress.com/about
      >

      > For more information:

      > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
      > delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
      > Thanks!!
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Dennis Newson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2006
        Not sure what was happening when I went to Vance's link. I heard Barbara
        ('Bee') being submerged under loud, rhythmic music.

        Dennis

      • vstevens@emirates.net.ae
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2006
          If you hit all the buttons it is possible to play more than one of
          these at the same time (and not always easy to turn them off). So
          that's probably why you got Bee talking to the TESOL Beat.

          I see that of the three only the TESOL one is set up at Venny's Moodle
          at http://www.opensource.idv.tw/moodle/ to play with the video that
          lets you see the slide show while listening.

          To see the videos you may have to visit the direct links:

          Vance in Ladakh: http://venny.myweb.hinet.net/India_trek.wmv
          Bee retrospective: http://beewebhead.net/video/bc_3.wvm
          TESOL Beat: http://venny.myweb.hinet.net/tesoltampa.wmv

          Thanks Venny for providing the server space to mount these big files.

          From: Dennis Newson <djn@...>
          Date: Saturday, April 8, 2006 0:38 am
          Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Tampa - a photostory, and Sunday
          noon GMT