Intercultural podcast

  • Anne Fox
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2006
      Apologies for cross posting. I would just like to tell you about a
      new venture I and a couple of others have started and which I think
      may be interesting to students of English at least indirectly. This
      is a new podcast, Absolutely Intercultural at http://www.absolutely-
      intercultural.com about intercultural matters where we actively
      encourage feedback and ideas. We will be throwing out an
      intercultural challenge each time. The current one is when do the
      Spanish sleep? There will be many non-native voices as well as a few
      native voices.

      Here is our introductory blurb.
      Welcome to the first ever intercultural podcast. `Absolutely
      Intercultural' is its name and, as far as we know, this is the first
      podcast in the world to deal with intercultural issues. We'll be
      releasing a new episode every second Friday evening, looking at all
      intercultural aspects of human intercultural communication. For
      example, we'll be hearing from students on foreign work placements,
      looking at inter-cultural aspects of the forthcoming World Cup,
      asking how teachers can make use of inter-cultural exercises and
      simulations in their classroom and sharing with you any
      intercultural gossip we come across. `Absolutely Intercultural'
      won't be so much about passing on information but more about
      starting an intercultural dialogue between the makers, and you, the
      contributors and listeners.
    • MarĂ­a Claudia Bellusci
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2006
        Dear Anne,
        I've just had a look at your podcast (will listen to it when I'm back from work), and I think it's a great idea. You can already count me among your faithful listeners. I'll spread the word.
        Best wishes,
        Claudia