Open Book on Learning Objects

  • Maria Jordano
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2006
      Hi everybody,

      I have just received this book http://reusability.org/read/ within a discussion on whether LO have died, that I thought it could be of interest for you...

      María

      www.mariajordano.com

    • FOCUS - INGLES EMPRESARIAL
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2006
        Hi Jane and Luisa!

        Thanks for the comment on the blog as I made me look about what you are
        doing.

        I live in Uruguay and there is a big chance I'll start giving classes for
        people who work for an airline company here in Uruguay. The main department
        to be trained will be maintenance, so I'll be involved in all that technical
        terminology which i know 'some' but for 'obvious' reasons, not all. Actually
        I teach people who work for a dock where ships are repaired and for people
        who work in maintenace department with mobile cranes at the port.

        So, I would really like to exchange ideas, see if you also have some
        references on the web about this technical area or books that you use as a
        guidance.

        I guess the students will be at a beginner level, but from what I could read
        Luisa, your students are not that 'beginners' from the way they write. Think
        mine will be in a lower level.

        So, can I see what the sylabus you use is? what do you base your teaching
        on? any idea or suggestion will be welcome!...So far I'm dealing with some
        magazines and sites on the net, but as I said, will probably start soon with
        them, haven't yet.

        Here I am for exchange of ideas.

        Besos!

        alicia
      • Luísa
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
          Thank you Jane for your comments left in my students' blog. I'll add
          you to my Yahoo and Skype list so we can talk/write about this one of
          these days. It would be very interesting, but now they are going on
          holiday and some are going to have exams. Thanks again. Next week
          I'll let you know.Beijinhos
          Luísa

          > Dear Luisa,

          How interesting that your students are studying in the Air Force!
          I left comments on some of your students' posts. My students at ENA
          (Ecole nationale d'aérotechnique) are studying aircraft mechanics or
          aircraft construction or avionics. It would be very nice for them to
          have some communication with your students. The class blog for my
          lower level students is www.englishcedblog.blogspot.com Links to the
          student blogs are in the right sidebar. There are three groups, the
          one that says ENA Winter 2006 are the aviation students. These
          students have written surveys and they need responses, so maybe your
          students could answer some of their surveys! If they have time, it
          would be nice if they could answer the surveys for the other two
          groups who are studying in a variety of fields not related to
          aviation.

        • FOCUS - INGLES EMPRESARIAL
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
            I re send the message again in case did not reach you. Would like to get
            some suggestions.

            thanks!

            alicia
            (uruguay)