Aviation students

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
      Dear Luisa,

      How interesting that your students are studying in the Air Force! I left comments on some of your students' posts. My students at ENA (Ecole nationale d'aérotechnique) are studying aircraft mechanics or aircraft construction or avionics. It would be very nice for them to have some communication with your students. The class blog for my lower level students is www.englishcedblog.blogspot.com Links to the student blogs are in the right sidebar. There are three groups, the one that says ENA Winter 2006 are the aviation students. These students have written surveys and they need responses, so maybe your students could answer some of their surveys! If they have time, it would be nice if they could answer the surveys for the other two groups who are studying in a variety of fields not related to aviation.

      Beijinhos,
      Jane (Montreal)

      You wrote:
      BTW, We've started our blog, but it's just the beginning. All
      webheads are of course welcome to visit it http://afa1.blogspot.com/
      and leave your comments if you feel like it. It's a great honour!
      Beijinhos
      Luísa

    • Maria Jordano
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2006
        Hi everybody,

        I have just received this book http://reusability.org/read/ within a discussion on whether LO have died, that I thought it could be of interest for you...

        María

        www.mariajordano.com

      • FOCUS - INGLES EMPRESARIAL
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3, 2006
          Hi Jane and Luisa!

          Thanks for the comment on the blog as I made me look about what you are
          doing.

          I live in Uruguay and there is a big chance I'll start giving classes for
          people who work for an airline company here in Uruguay. The main department
          to be trained will be maintenance, so I'll be involved in all that technical
          terminology which i know 'some' but for 'obvious' reasons, not all. Actually
          I teach people who work for a dock where ships are repaired and for people
          who work in maintenace department with mobile cranes at the port.

          So, I would really like to exchange ideas, see if you also have some
          references on the web about this technical area or books that you use as a
          guidance.

          I guess the students will be at a beginner level, but from what I could read
          Luisa, your students are not that 'beginners' from the way they write. Think
          mine will be in a lower level.

          So, can I see what the sylabus you use is? what do you base your teaching
          on? any idea or suggestion will be welcome!...So far I'm dealing with some
          magazines and sites on the net, but as I said, will probably start soon with
          them, haven't yet.

          Here I am for exchange of ideas.

          Besos!

          alicia
        • Luísa
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
            Thank you Jane for your comments left in my students' blog. I'll add
            you to my Yahoo and Skype list so we can talk/write about this one of
            these days. It would be very interesting, but now they are going on
            holiday and some are going to have exams. Thanks again. Next week
            I'll let you know.Beijinhos
            Luísa

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2006
              I re send the message again in case did not reach you. Would like to get
              some suggestions.

              thanks!

              alicia
              (uruguay)