Hello from yaodong in Italy!

  • YD Chen
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 3, 2006
      Hi,Webhead friends!
      I arrived in Turin,Italy,on March 1st for a one-month-long online teaching exchange project.
      I started to work yesterday with the students in this school and will go to the company next monday for the course. 8 people will be with me,all of whom are kind of managers .
      Today i found a chinese music website while writing emails and an italian showed great interest in it.She is a music a teacher and so she bookmarked the website for her own use .
      students went skiing today and so i am in the office preparing for my lessons next week.

      what am i going to do this weekend?going to Torin for a trip?today i found it out that it costs just 10 euros to buy a return train ticket for this trip.

      Regards from the foot of the Alps!
      yaodong
      Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      I'd like to echo the welcome to all the new webheads. As I've said on
      worldbridges although I am unable due to not enough hours in a day to be as
      closely involved as I would like to be with all the goings on in
      Webheadspace I feel that the BaW system that has been carried through for
      three years now by Daf and Tere and others is one of the most remarkable of
      all our endeavors. It renews our community annually with an influx of
      enthusiastic members who in turn bring other like-minded educators into our
      midsts. Concurrently, it adds to the overall base of the blogosphere, or
      the masses who use Web 2.0 tools to increase quality of social and
      professional life through expanded inter-relationships, and that subset who
      are into what Stephen Downes calls elearning 2.0 and what I have called
      Webheads 2.0, adding to the network of gentle people around the world who
      will one day bring its diverse peoples into peaceful relationship. BaW 3.0
      has been a crucial component in that (and looking forward to BaW 4.0).

      As Carla, Erika, and Isabel's introductions came at my weekend, I had a
      moment to fish around for their photos so that there is a surprise for them
      at http://webheads.info . If you click on a photo you will find a link to
      more information about each person, so if anyone has urls I can post on the
      community page you can include those as well. The ideal link would be the
      one that led us into many other aspects of a person's webpresence, such as
      those Carla posted, and which you can see at
      http://www.prof2000.pt/users/vstevens/papers/evonline2002/community.htm#carlaa

      So as not to leave anyone out, if someone can help out by identifing the
      urls where I can find pictures of other new members, or anyone who's joined
      us in the last year or two who is not pictured in our gallery and who would
      like to be, post such a list here or email me at vstevens@...
      and I'll try to get the pics up. I create 60 x 70 pixel thumbnails if
      anyone wants to speed the process up by helping out there as well.

      James has been named below but I've approved quite a flurry of new
      memberships lately. Welcome to all.

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 3, 2006
        Hi Vance, I was really happy to see my photo together with the other Webheads' photos.
        Here are two links with more information about me as you asked us to send you.
        http://baw-06.pbwiki.com/ErikaCruvinel
        http://www.geocities.com/erikacruvinel/brazil.html

        Thanks!
        Erika Cruvinel

      • Carla arena
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 3, 2006
          Dear Vance and all Webheads,

          It was exciting to see my picture together with you all. Thanks for the
          great support.

          Carla Arena
          Brasilia, Brazil

          On 3/3/06, erika alves <erikacruvinel@...> wrote:

          > Hi Vance, I was really happy to see my photo together with the other
          > Webheads' photos.
          > Here are two links with more information about me as you asked us to
          > send you.
          > http://baw-06.pbwiki.com/ErikaCruvinel
          > http://www.geocities.com/erikacruvinel/brazil.html
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Erika Cruvinel
          >

          > Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I'd like to echo the welcome to all the new webheads. As I've said on
          > worldbridges although I am unable due to not enough hours in a day to be
          > as
          > closely involved as I would like to be with all the goings on in
          > Webheadspace I feel that the BaW system that has been carried through for
          > three years now by Daf and Tere and others is one of the most remarkable
          > of
          > all our endeavors. It renews our community annually with an influx of
          > enthusiastic members who in turn bring other like-minded educators into
          > our
          > midsts. Concurrently, it adds to the overall base of the blogosphere, or
          > the masses who use Web 2.0 tools to increase quality of social and
          > professional life through expanded inter-relationships, and that subset
          > who
          > are into what Stephen Downes calls elearning 2.0 and what I have called
          > Webheads 2.0, adding to the network of gentle people around the world who
          > will one day bring its diverse peoples into peaceful relationship. BaW
          > 3.0
          > has been a crucial component in that (and looking forward to BaW 4.0).
          >
          > As Carla, Erika, and Isabel's introductions came at my weekend, I had a
          > moment to fish around for their photos so that there is a surprise for
          > them
          > at http://webheads.info . If you click on a photo you will find a link to
          > more information about each person, so if anyone has urls I can post on
          > the
          > community page you can include those as well. The ideal link would be the
          >
          > one that led us into many other aspects of a person's webpresence, such as
          >
          > those Carla posted, and which you can see at
          >
          > http://www.prof2000.pt/users/vstevens/papers/evonline2002/community.htm#carlaa
          >
          > So as not to leave anyone out, if someone can help out by identifing the
          > urls where I can find pictures of other new members, or anyone who's
          > joined
          > us in the last year or two who is not pictured in our gallery and who
          > would
          > like to be, post such a list here or email me at vstevens@...
          > and I'll try to get the pics up. I create 60 x 70 pixel thumbnails if
          > anyone wants to speed the process up by helping out there as well.
          >
          > James has been named below but I've approved quite a flurry of new
          > memberships lately. Welcome to all.
          >
          > Vance

        • Isabel Teixeira
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 3, 2006
            Hi Vance,
            Thanks for the lovely surprise.Now I really feel part of the Webhead community!:-)).I'll send you the links as you as I have time to organize all my stuff after such intense six-week course.
            warmly,
            Isabel

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 3, 2006
              ok, welcome,

              From: Isabel Teixeira <marabel73@...>
              Date: Friday, March 3, 2006 3:43 pm
              Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Welcome Isabel, Carla, James,
              and Erika and others

              > Hi Vance,
              > Thanks for the lovely surprise.Now I really feel part of the
              > Webhead community!:-)).I'll send you the links as you as I have
              > time to organize all my stuff after such intense six-week course.
              > warmly,
              > Isabel

              > For more information:

              > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings,
              > please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the
              > reply - Thanks!!
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Anne Fox
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 3, 2006
                Anyone wanting to see videos of teachers teaching all manner of
                subjects should go to http://www.teachers.tv which is the web page of
                a new free TV channel in England (not Wales or Scotland or N Ireland)
                to support teachers.

                It shows nothing but programmes about education and most of them
                include an element of teaching, most of them concentrate mostly on
                the teaching. Many of the programmes shown on the channel are also
                available freely on the internet for download. Because it is a TV
                channel there is always something new as well as a chance to catch up
                on the old (ie repeats).

                I have become an associate with them but that does not mean I get any
                financial or otherwise advantages from them. So although this sounds
                like a commercial, it isn't!

                Anne
                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, raedithr@... wrote:

                > I am not sure if it was this group or the video group, but someone
                asked recently about how to locate some videos of teachers teaching.
                I happened upon this site today which has many teaching clips
                > http://www.intime.uni.edu/video.html
                > Rae

              • Aiden Yeh
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 4, 2006
                  Thanks Anne and Rae for the wonderful links!

                  Aiden

                  Anne Fox <af@...> wrote:
                  Anyone wanting to see videos of teachers teaching all manner of
                  subjects should go to http://www.teachers.tv which is the web page of
                  a new free TV channel in England (not Wales or Scotland or N Ireland)
                  to support teachers.

                  <snip>Anne
                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, raedithr@... wrote:

                  ><snip>> http://www.intime.uni.edu/video.html
                  > Rae

                • Michael Coghlan
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 4, 2006
                    Hi Yaodong - always nice to hear of Webheads moving around! Enjoy
                    Italy. As someone told me years ago, if you only have time to see one
                    country in Europe it should be Italy. History and reminders of the
                    past everywhere!

                    - Michael

                    At 09:33 PM 3/03/2006, you wrote:
                    >Hi,Webhead friends!
                    > I arrived in Turin,Italy,on March 1st for a one-month-long online
                    > teaching exchange project.
                    >I started to work yesterday with the students in this school and
                    >will go to the company next monday for the course. 8 people will
                    >be with me,all of whom are kind of managers .
                    > Today i found a chinese music website while writing emails and an
                    > italian showed great interest in it.She is a music a teacher and so
                    > she bookmarked the website for her own use .
                    > students went skiing today and so i am in the office preparing for
                    > my lessons next week.
                    >
                    > what am i going to do this weekend?going to Torin for a trip?today
                    > i found it out that it costs just 10 euros to buy a return train
                    > ticket for this trip.
                    >
                    >Regards from the foot of the Alps!
                    > yaodong

                  • YD Chen
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 5, 2006
                      Hello,again,
                      Paola from Italy would like to try ,for the first time, getting her students online next Saturday for oral English practice. I wonder if anyone of you could help by getting a few students from your school and help us here in Italy.It is her very first time to try online English and i surely hope not to disappoint them.
                      I would appreciate if you could help.
                      Ciao ciao,
                      yaodong

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 5, 2006
                        Yaodong,
                        I have a number of students who have signed up to do a similar experiment with Maria in Spain soon. I have more students signed up than she can use, so this would be a great opportunity for some of my students to do this. They were excited about the opportunity.

                        We would need to check the time difference between Italy and the UAE, but I believe that we are 3 hours later than Italy. Our students could be available from noon to 2:00 on Saturday. I think that would be 9-12 am in Italy.

                        We would need to have an exchange of yahoo addresses before time. How many students are there there? What are there levels? What would be the topic of the conversation? How many students do you need here? Would Paola use text, voice, webcams? Let me know. Please use a different address to respond off this line at roberts_rae@... Do you have another address, as well?
                        Rae

                        At 09:33 PM 3/03/2006, you wrote:
                        >Hi,Webhead friends!
                        > I arrived in Turin,Italy,on March 1st for a one-month-long online
                        > teaching exchange project.
                        >I started to work yesterday with the students in this school and
                        >will go to the company next monday for the course. 8 people will
                        >be with me,all of whom are kind of managers .
                        > Today i found a chinese music website while writing emails and an
                        > italian showed great interest in it.She is a music a teacher and so
                        > she bookmarked the website for her own use .
                        > students went skiing today and so i am in the office preparing for
                        > my lessons next week.
                        >
                        > what am i going to do this weekend?going to Torin for a trip?today
                        > i found it out that it costs just 10 euros to buy a return train
                        > ticket for this trip.
                        >
                        >Regards from the foot of the Alps!
                        > yaodong

                        When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous

                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 7, 2006
                          Hi,Rae,
                          How are you today?
                          I talked with paola about the online chat between students this coming weekend.yeah,her students can come online to meet yours. And they would be very excited to do something unknown to them,that is to say,to use alado.net or www.study.com ,etc.
                          I don't think all students here use yahoo messenger. we can test www.alado.net/webheads or www.study.com
                          shall we two test them beforehand. i am online every afternoon from 2 to 6 here.
                          keep in touch,
                          yaodong