Bubbleshare

  • Graham Stanley
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2006
      Hi everyone, and apologies for crossposting

      I just wanted to share with you all the free beta application
      Bubbleshare (I don't think I've seen anyone else mention this), which
      Nick Noakes recently posted about to the ELT Podcasting EVO2006 group
      Moodle forum:

      http://www.bubbleshare.com

      It allows you to upload a series of photographs to your account and
      add audio comments (limit of 30 seconds per photograph) to each of
      them, and then incorporate the photographs and audio as a slide show
      in your blog.

      I've just tried it out, uploading a slide show about podcasting and
      the XBox360 to
      http://blog-efl.blogspot.com and am really impressed with the results.
      The audio is a bit tinny, but I'm sure that a lot of you will
      definitely find Bubbleshare of value.

      There's an RSS ('photocast') feed for every account too, but I haven't
      checked yet to see if this downloads audio as well as photos.

      If anyone has any brilliant ideas on how best to exploit this with
      learners, then please let us all know.

      All the best from Barcelona

      Graham Stanley
      co-moderator, ELT Podcasting
      TESOL evo2006
      http://webpages.csus.edu/~hansonsm/Podcasting.html
    • raedithr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2006
        Graham,
        What a great resource. I am teaching an In The Arts elective this semester for our Language learners. We will soon be moving into the area of photography. What a great way for them to display their work, and also talk about each piece in their art blogs that they have been using this semester.
        Thanks for sharing.
        Rae

[...]

        When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous
        text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and
        any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!
        Yahoo! Groups Links