Article?

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2006
      Hi everyone.

      An Australian online journal/magazine about adult literacy would like
      to publish an article on the Webhead community. They would like about
      1500 words on

      how it started up? who is involved? what we do? what we talk about?
      what benefits each of you get from involvement? how people can find
      out more? etc

      I could wirite something along these lines but it strikes me that
      this kind of article must already exist somewhere in the webhead
      archives. Can anyone point me to an article like this? Vance? Has
      anyone else written one? It's OK if it's been published elsewhere -
      with permission it could be published again!

      - Michael

    • vstevens@emirates.net.ae
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2006
        Hi Michael,

        I'm digging around at http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/ which is
        where I park all the effluvia I have produced over the years.

        If you're interested in reading about Webheads I've come upon a couple
        of things I don't think can be republished, but if someone is looking
        for a reference on the topic of webheads, you could try:

        Stevens, Vance. (forthcoming). CoP + CMC = Teachers as Lifelong
        Learners. Final draft accepted for inclusion in Computers in the
        Language Class(room): From Theory to Practice. Sarah Rilling and
        Elizabeth Hanson-Smith, editors. TESOL publications. The latest version
        is here: http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
        vstevens/files/efi/papers/tesol/publications/gvs26oct2005.htm

        Stevens, V. (2004). Webheads communities: Writing tasks interleaved
        with synchronous online communication and web page development. Chapter
        10 in Leaver, B. and Willis, J. (Eds.). Task-based instruction in
        foreign language education: Practices and programes. Georgetown
        University Press. And I've placed a late draft of the paper at one of
        our YahooGroups (the references are not included):
        0june192003.htm

        These two could be republished, and someone could do an update if
        needed:

        Stevens, V. and Altun, A. (2002). The Webheads community of language
        learners online. In Syed, Z. (Ed.). The process of language learning:
        An EFL perspective. Abu Dhabi: The Military Language Institute. pp. 285-
        318. There is a pre-publication version of this paper at
        http://sites.hsprofessional.com/vstevens/files/efi/papers/t2t2001/procee
        ds.htm

        Stevens, Vance. 2001. Developing a Community in Online Language
        Learning. In Syed, Zafar, and David Heuring, eds. Tools of the Trade:
        Teaching EFL in the Gulf. Proceeds of the Military Language Institute's
        1st annual Teacher-to-Teacher Conference, May 3-4, 2000, Abu Dhabi
        (UAE) pp 85-101, and on the web at
        http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/t2t2000/gvs_t2t_paper.htm.

        hth,

        From: Michael Coghlan <michaelc@...>