Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Digest Number 1392

  • Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2006
      Dennis--
      Sorry to be so long in replying.
      What I have found from experience is that when you use
      the internet from a conference site it is usually
      impossible to show PW-protected Websites, regardless
      of what computer you are on. The local firewalls will
      prevent you from accessing them.
      What I have done is copy the Webpages to my own laptop
      and show them as mock-ups. This saves a lot of agony.
      but you do need to check them out and make sure you
      have all the image files, etc., stored with your
      desktop copy of the page.
      If you use links from the copy on your desktop, it
      will be even more work to prepare.

      As Sus suggests, it is a good idea to access the sites
      from your laptop first and have them cached for use. I
      don't know of a facility for copying from one machine
      to another--if indeed you can get into the sites at
      all.

      cheers--
      --Elizabeth

      Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:19:52 -0000
      From: "dnewson2001" <djn@...>
      Subject: Can u copy userids and pwds between machines?

      I'm making a presentation at a conference in a couple
      of weeks and ,
      during the presentation, want to go directly from my
      laptop to a
      number of sites, many of which require userids and
      pwds.

      Question

      Are passords and userids stored somewhere in one file
      on my desk PC -
      the one I use daily? Can I copy this file, if it
      exists, to my laptop,
      or must I access all sites from my laptop and save
      anew to whatever
      file? I imagine it is a browser that will remembers
      the rlevant
      information. Can I copy to a second machine, or are
      details saved and
      related to the IP?

      I'm totally out of my depth here, and will be grateful
      for all
      comments.

      My desktop is WindowsXP Pro and the laptop Windows XP

      My preferred browser is Firefox.

      Dennis