Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Happy New Year, from Kuwat!!

  • Susan Bates
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
      Beautiful daughter and fun video, Buth. Happy New Year to all.
      http://www.icq.com/img/friendship/static/card_16961_rs.swf

      Susan

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
        Dearest Buthaina,

        A very,deep,sincere and warm greetings of the new year from the warm Sudan to you,and your family in Kuwait.Lovely daughter and beautiful house you have.You are one of those characters that one would never forget about.
        Hugs.
        Hala.

        Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@...> wrote: Thanks, Leanne..And sory about the confusion! The notice you read that
        says avi.type file is not supported was mistakenly added by me there!
        Try to watch the video clip whenever you're free and let us know if it
        works for you, please.

        Thanks, again for your kind message :)

        Buth
        ---------

        In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Leanne Mackenzie
        <lianadevine@y...> wrote:

        > Happy New Year to you too, Buthaina!
        > I was listening in at WorldBridges when the clock was
        > about to strike midnight at your house, so I heard the
        > celebration "live". Unfortunately, the avi file type
        > is not supported...by my computer or browser??..., so
        > I wasn't able to view your clip.
        >
        > I heard Barbara calling you Buthaina, with the middle
        > syllable pronounced to rhyme with "mine". I take it
        > that's the correct pronunciation - or if not, please
        > correct me so I can address you correctly this coming
        > year.
        >
        > I hope all your wishes for 2006 are as easy to make
        > come true.
        > Hugs,
        > Leanne
        >
        > --- Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@y...> wrote:
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Dear Webheads,
        >
        > Wishing you a peaceful, healthy, and fulfilling happy
        > New Year :)
        >
        > Just wanted to share with you a short videoblogged
        > clip of how my
        > daughter, her cousins, friends, and me were
        > celebrating and welcoming
        > 2006 in my house here in Kuwait:
        >
        > < http://buthaina.blip.tv/file/8033>
        >
        > This was done while Jeff Lebow, Dave Cromier, Barbara
        > Sawhill were
        > being webcasted via Worldbridges about one hour and a
        > half ago!
        >
        > Best wishes :)
        >
        > Buthaina
        >
        > PS One of my wishes for 2006 is to be called by my
        > name, Buthaina,
        > instead of my online one "Buth" whenever we are using
        > a voice-chat.
        > This is because many people found "Buth" difficult to
        > pronouce the
        > right way. Thank you for your cooperation..Peace &
        > Love to all..

        Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

      • Leanne Mackenzie
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
          Thanks Tere, I tried again and was able to see Buth's
          New Year's celebration.
          Sorry that the Mac users aren't having as good luck
          with it :-(
          Hugs,
          Leanne

        • Jane Petring
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 5, 2006
            Dear Buth,
            I very much enjoyed your videoclip of bringing in the New Year. When
            I was celebrating with the extended family my cousin made a joke
            about herding cats and I told him I'd send him a video clip he's got
            to see. Now I can't find the link to that gem (I believe there was
            one of herding cats and another of herding squirrels). If it's still
            online could you send me the link? I'm sure others who haven't seen
            it would enjoy it too!

            Happy New Year,
            Jane in Winter Wonderland (the snow is beautiful and just keeps
            coming down)

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Buthaina Al-Othman"

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 5, 2006
              Hi, Jane!

              Happy New Year!

              I went to our WiA Index
              http://64.71.48.37/teresadeca/webheads/wia-index.htm

              and clicked on Interesting Pages. It's there under Catherding (2nd or 3rd
              entry, I think), but the link isn't working any longer.

              Then I tried Serendipitous herders (the next entry), but it's the same link,
              so... no way! :-(

              Finally, I tried entering the link in The Internet Archive. Three links show
              up, but none come up with anything! :-(

              Maybe somebody else has a working link!

              Hugs,

              Teresa (who misses a snowy winter)

              > Dear Buth,
              > I very much enjoyed your videoclip of bringing in the New Year. When
              > I was celebrating with the extended family my cousin made a joke
              > about herding cats and I told him I'd send him a video clip he's got
              > to see. Now I can't find the link to that gem (I believe there was
              > one of herding cats and another of herding squirrels). If it's still
              > online could you send me the link? I'm sure others who haven't seen
              > it would enjoy it too!
              >
              > Happy New Year,
              > Jane in Winter Wonderland (the snow is beautiful and just keeps
              > coming down)
            • Buthaina Al-Othman
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 5, 2006
                Hi Jane,

                Here is a direct link to the movie clip Herding Cats by EDS:

                < http://www.wimp.com/herder/ >

                And here is the event page where I have it published:

                < http://alothman-b.tripod.com/webheads_learningtimes.htm >

                It's better to download and save this EDS commercial before it
                disappears again..I'll post the squirrels video clip as soon as I find
                it...

                Enjoy the snow while watching the Cat Herder :)

                Buth