Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Happy New Year, from Kuwat!!

  • Lee Baber
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 31, 2005
      Happy New Year!!
      Buthaina, I am not able to to see the video..
      http://buthaina.blip.tv/file/8033
      I am able to get the site and the tv screen but there is not video
      downloading.
      Thanks and Happy New Year!
      Lee

      On Dec 31, 2005, at 5:45 PM, Buthaina Al-Othman wrote:

      > Dear Webheads,
      >
      > Wishing you a peaceful, healthy, and fulfilling happy New Year :)
      >
      > Just wanted to share with you a short videoblogged clip of how my
      > daughter, her cousins, friends, and me were celebrating and welcoming
      > 2006 in my house here in Kuwait:
      >
      > < http://buthaina.blip.tv/file/8033>
      >
      > This was done while Jeff Lebow, Dave Cromier, Barbara Sawhill were
      > being webcasted via Worldbridges about one hour and a half ago!
      >
      > Best wishes :)
      >
      > Buthaina
      >
      > PS One of my wishes for 2006 is to be called by my name, Buthaina,
      > instead of my online one "Buth" whenever we are using a voice-chat.
      > This is because many people found "Buth" difficult to pronouce the
      > right way. Thank you for your cooperation..Peace & Love to all..
      >

      > For more information:

      > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
      > delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
      > Thanks!!
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Candace Pauchnick
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
        Buthaina,
        I was able to see your wonderful video and it was a real joy. :-) Our new year has finally hit us here in California so I can officially say "Happy New Year" everyone now! :-)
        May all of you have peace, joy and health for 2006.
        Candy

        Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@...> wrote:
        Thanks, Leanne..And sory about the confusion! The notice you read that
        says avi.type file is not supported was mistakenly added by me there!
        Try to watch the video clip whenever you're free and let us know if it
        works for you, please.

        Thanks, again for your kind message :)

        Buth
        ---------

        In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Leanne Mackenzie
        <lianadevine@y...> wrote:

        > Happy New Year to you too, Buthaina!
        > I was listening in at WorldBridges when the clock was
        > about to strike midnight at your house, so I heard the
        > celebration "live". Unfortunately, the avi file type
        > is not supported...by my computer or browser??..., so
        > I wasn't able to view your clip.
        >
        > I heard Barbara calling you Buthaina, with the middle
        > syllable pronounced to rhyme with "mine". I take it
        > that's the correct pronunciation - or if not, please
        > correct me so I can address you correctly this coming
        > year.
        >
        > I hope all your wishes for 2006 are as easy to make
        > come true.
        > Hugs,
        > Leanne
        >
        > --- Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@y...> wrote:
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Dear Webheads,
        >
        > Wishing you a peaceful, healthy, and fulfilling happy
        > New Year :)
        >
        > Just wanted to share with you a short videoblogged
        > clip of how my
        > daughter, her cousins, friends, and me were
        > celebrating and welcoming
        > 2006 in my house here in Kuwait:
        >
        > < http://buthaina.blip.tv/file/8033>
        >
        > This was done while Jeff Lebow, Dave Cromier, Barbara
        > Sawhill were
        > being webcasted via Worldbridges about one hour and a
        > half ago!
        >
        > Best wishes :)
        >
        > Buthaina
        >
        > PS One of my wishes for 2006 is to be called by my
        > name, Buthaina,
        > instead of my online one "Buth" whenever we are using
        > a voice-chat.
        > This is because many people found "Buth" difficult to
        > pronouce the
        > right way. Thank you for your cooperation..Peace &
        > Love to all..

        Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
          At 04:15 PM 1/01/2006, you wrote:
          >Happy New Year!!
          >Buthaina, I am not able to to see the video..
          >http://buthaina.blip.tv/file/8033
          >I am able to get the site and the tv screen but there is not video
          >downloading.

          It takes a while to load Lee but it does come in the end. Nice video
          Buth. But where were you??

          Happy New Year anyway!

          - Michael

        • Tom Zurinskas
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
            Hi Buth,

            My interest is phonetic spelling. See truespel.com for an easy to use
            phonetic spelling based on USA English. How do you say your name?

            tom z

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
              Hi, Leanne!

              Happy New Year one and all! We're all finally in 2006!

              To see Buth's clip, double click in the URL below and then click on the play
              arrow. It worked for me. Hope it works for you.

              Hugs,

              Teresa

              > Happy New Year to you too, Buthaina!
              > I was listening in at WorldBridges when the clock was
              > about to strike midnight at your house, so I heard the
              > celebration "live". Unfortunately, the avi file type
              > is not supported...by my computer or browser??..., so
              > I wasn't able to view your clip.
              ...> Hugs,
              > Leanne
              >
              > < http://buthaina.blip.tv/file/8033>
            • Antonia Melvin
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
                A very Happy New Year to you all from Antonia near Lisbon in Portugal,
                wishing you all a peaceful and productive 2006,
                Antonia

                On 1/1/06 10:53 am, "Tom Zurinskas" <truespel@...> wrote:

                > Hi Buth,
                >
                > My interest is phonetic spelling. See truespel.com for an easy to use
                > phonetic spelling based on USA English. How do you say your name?
                >
                > tom z
                >

                >> From: "Buthaina Al-Othman" <buthaina_3@...>
                >> To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                >> Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Happy New Year, from Kuwat!!
                >> Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 22:45:54 -0000
                >>
                >> Dear Webheads,
                >>
                >> Wishing you a peaceful, healthy, and fulfilling happy New Year :)
                >>
                >> Just wanted to share with you a short videoblogged clip of how my
                >> daughter, her cousins, friends, and me were celebrating and welcoming
                >> 2006 in my house here in Kuwait:
                >>
                >> < http://buthaina.blip.tv/file/8033>
                >>
                >> This was done while Jeff Lebow, Dave Cromier, Barbara Sawhill were
                >> being webcasted via Worldbridges about one hour and a half ago!
                >>
                >> Best wishes :)
                >>
                >> Buthaina
                >>
                >> PS One of my wishes for 2006 is to be called by my name, Buthaina,
                >> instead of my online one "Buth" whenever we are using a voice-chat.
                >> This is because many people found "Buth" difficult to pronouce the
                >> right way. Thank you for your cooperation..Peace & Love to all..
                >>

                >> For more information:
                >> http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
                >>
                >> When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other
                >> extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete
                >> this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!
                >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                >>

                > For more information:
                >
                > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous
                > text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer
                > and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Susan Bates
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
                  Beautiful daughter and fun video, Buth. Happy New Year to all.
                  http://www.icq.com/img/friendship/static/card_16961_rs.swf

                  Susan

                  > Wishing you a peaceful, healthy, and fulfilling happy New Year :)
                  >
                  > Just wanted to share with you a short videoblogged clip of how my
                  > daughter, her cousins, friends, and me were celebrating and welcoming
                  > 2006 in my house here in Kuwait:
                  >
                  > < http://buthaina.blip.tv/file/8033>
                  >
                  > This was done while Jeff Lebow, Dave Cromier, Barbara Sawhill were
                  > being webcasted via Worldbridges about one hour and a half ago!
                  >
                  > Best wishes :)
                  >
                  > Buthaina
                  >
                  > PS One of my wishes for 2006 is to be called by my name, Buthaina,
                  > instead of my online one "Buth" whenever we are using a voice-chat.
                  > This is because many people found "Buth" difficult to pronouce the
                  > right way. Thank you for your cooperation..Peace & Love to all..
                  >

                  > For more information:

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • hala fawzi
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
                    Dearest Buthaina,

                    A very,deep,sincere and warm greetings of the new year from the warm Sudan to you,and your family in Kuwait.Lovely daughter and beautiful house you have.You are one of those characters that one would never forget about.
                    Hugs.
                    Hala.

                    <lianadevine@y...> wrote:

                    > Happy New Year to you too, Buthaina!
                    > I was listening in at WorldBridges when the clock was
                    > about to strike midnight at your house, so I heard the
                    > celebration "live". Unfortunately, the avi file type
                    > is not supported...by my computer or browser??..., so
                    > I wasn't able to view your clip.
                    >
                    > I heard Barbara calling you Buthaina, with the middle
                    > syllable pronounced to rhyme with "mine". I take it
                    > that's the correct pronunciation - or if not, please
                    > correct me so I can address you correctly this coming
                    > year.
                    >
                    > I hope all your wishes for 2006 are as easy to make
                    > come true.
                    > Hugs,
                    > Leanne
                    >
                    > --- Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@y...> wrote:
                    >

                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Dear Webheads,
                    >
                    > Wishing you a peaceful, healthy, and fulfilling happy
                    > New Year :)
                    >
                    > Just wanted to share with you a short videoblogged
                    > clip of how my
                    > daughter, her cousins, friends, and me were
                    > celebrating and welcoming
                    > 2006 in my house here in Kuwait:
                    >
                    > < http://buthaina.blip.tv/file/8033>
                    >
                    > This was done while Jeff Lebow, Dave Cromier, Barbara
                    > Sawhill were
                    > being webcasted via Worldbridges about one hour and a
                    > half ago!
                    >
                    > Best wishes :)
                    >
                    > Buthaina
                    >
                    > PS One of my wishes for 2006 is to be called by my
                    > name, Buthaina,
                    > instead of my online one "Buth" whenever we are using
                    > a voice-chat.
                    > This is because many people found "Buth" difficult to
                    > pronouce the
                    > right way. Thank you for your cooperation..Peace &
                    > Love to all..

                    Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

                  • Leanne Mackenzie
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
                      Thanks Tere, I tried again and was able to see Buth's
                      New Year's celebration.
                      Sorry that the Mac users aren't having as good luck
                      with it :-(
                      Hugs,
                      Leanne

                    • Jane Petring
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 5, 2006
                        Dear Buth,
                        I very much enjoyed your videoclip of bringing in the New Year. When
                        I was celebrating with the extended family my cousin made a joke
                        about herding cats and I told him I'd send him a video clip he's got
                        to see. Now I can't find the link to that gem (I believe there was
                        one of herding cats and another of herding squirrels). If it's still
                        online could you send me the link? I'm sure others who haven't seen
                        it would enjoy it too!

                        Happy New Year,
                        Jane in Winter Wonderland (the snow is beautiful and just keeps
                        coming down)

                        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Buthaina Al-Othman"

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 5, 2006
                          Hi, Jane!

                          Happy New Year!

                          I went to our WiA Index
                          http://64.71.48.37/teresadeca/webheads/wia-index.htm

                          and clicked on Interesting Pages. It's there under Catherding (2nd or 3rd
                          entry, I think), but the link isn't working any longer.

                          Then I tried Serendipitous herders (the next entry), but it's the same link,
                          so... no way! :-(

                          Finally, I tried entering the link in The Internet Archive. Three links show
                          up, but none come up with anything! :-(

                          Maybe somebody else has a working link!

                          Hugs,

                          Teresa (who misses a snowy winter)

                          > Dear Buth,
                          > I very much enjoyed your videoclip of bringing in the New Year. When
                          > I was celebrating with the extended family my cousin made a joke
                          > about herding cats and I told him I'd send him a video clip he's got
                          > to see. Now I can't find the link to that gem (I believe there was
                          > one of herding cats and another of herding squirrels). If it's still
                          > online could you send me the link? I'm sure others who haven't seen
                          > it would enjoy it too!
                          >
                          > Happy New Year,
                          > Jane in Winter Wonderland (the snow is beautiful and just keeps
                          > coming down)
                        • Buthaina Al-Othman
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 5, 2006
                            Hi Jane,

                            Here is a direct link to the movie clip Herding Cats by EDS:

                            < http://www.wimp.com/herder/ >

                            And here is the event page where I have it published:

                            < http://alothman-b.tripod.com/webheads_learningtimes.htm >

                            It's better to download and save this EDS commercial before it
                            disappears again..I'll post the squirrels video clip as soon as I find
                            it...

                            Enjoy the snow while watching the Cat Herder :)

                            Buth