Re: Prospect!

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
      Thank you Hala and Cristina for your Congradulations!

      It just occurred to me that although I said the book had nothing to
      do with blogs, podcasts or teleconferencing, there actually is a
      link. After my first EVO in 2004 I gave a workshop on blogs at a
      conference here in Quebec and was then approached by a publisher who
      wondered if I'd be interested in writing a textbook with them.

      It just goes to show you never know where Webhead connections will
      lead!

      Jane

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, hala fawzi
      <haloolahakema@y...> wrote:

      > Dear Jane,
      > Congratulations .I hope this feeling will last forever,the
      feeling of success after working for a whole year!!!! This means you
      have to work as a bee,,just like our Bee.!!!!
      > Fortunately,it has to do with our work as EAP teachers.
      > Yes, I am interested to know more information.
      > Hala.
      > Jane Petring <want2no7@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone--and apologies for cross-posting,
      >
      > I have in my hands, fresh off the press, the textbook I've been
      working on for the last year: "Prospect: English Skills for Academic
      and Professional Purposes" It's a two-volume set (reading/discussion
      and grammar) designed for low-intermediate ESL college (post-
      secondary) students in vocational and academic programs, published
      by Les Editions CEC here in Quebec. The book uses Canadian spelling
      (which tends to be closer to British spelling, e.g. colour, theatre,
      realisation) and any reference to measurements are in metric. The
      classroom set comes with videos, audio exercises, an answer key and
      a teacher's manual (which I'm still madly working on to get finished
      before mid-December). The whole set will be ready for adoption in
      January. If anyone is interested in more information, just let me
      know.